bad ape
Threads

egg_

Staff member
Supporter
Since 1999
Threads
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
This is such a strange thing. Its like a glitch in the matrix.
The jaws story is one thing, following it up with the George Brown one with the forgotten punchline is ... well, either it's a *really* carefully prepared speech to cultivate a persona, or it's just something that evolved based on what he found audiences liked and keep repeating cos it keeps working. The former is too mind-boggling to be true I think - I just can't see how a person could come up with a persona so outlandish AND be sure that other people would vote for it. So I'm left with randomness - Boris is just a product of cosmic monkeys on typewriters

Lili Marlene

Wanna Get Out
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
The jaws story is one thing, following it up with the George Brown one with the forgotten punchline is ... well, either it's a *really* carefully prepared speech to cultivate a persona, or it's just something that evolved based on what he found audiences liked and keep repeating cos it keeps working. The former is too mind-boggling to be true I think - I just can't see how a person could come up with a persona so outlandish AND be sure that other people would vote for it. So I'm left with randomness - Boris is just a product of cosmic monkeys on typewriters
I really don't think it's that complicated. Idiots love the queen and the flag over there so they love a posh guy who represents that bit, and then they love when someone isn't stuffy and is a bit of a laugh and reminds them of the pop culture version of Churchill, mix that with 30 years of media melting all our minds and it seems obvious. I'm just surprised there aren't more.

snakybus

Supporter
Threads
Website
www.groomtheband.com
Would've been great if, when he saw Black Rod, John Bercow had launched into "Hey hey Mama, said the way move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove."

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
Ah. It's a click bait headline , an intentional error no doubt intended to generate traffic

The headline and message of the story is quite different

pavlos

Supporter
Threads
Ah. It's a click bait headline , an intentional error no doubt intended to generate traffic

The headline and message of the story is quite different

Why those dirty, doublecrossing Torygraph fucks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Previous thread
Next thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads