BREXIT (5 Viewers)

God they are so awful. They're basically the centrist dad "have you read this Malcolm Gladwell book?" party.

In 2010 they campaigned on scrapping tuition fees, when they got into power they trebled tuition fees.

Wiki has this polite description:

[T]here is a distinctive set of principles underlying Liberal Democrat political ideology. The ideology centres around individual freedom and tolerance in relation to lifestyle issues, a belief in redistribution and social equality, a commitment to free markets and a positive attitude to internationalism, as exemplified by members' views of the European Union (EU). This distinctive set of ideological beliefs underpin Liberal Democrat policies and add a coherence to the party, which makes it different from its rivals in British politics.

God they are so awful. They're basically the centrist dad "have you read this Malcolm Gladwell book?" party.

In 2010 they campaigned on scrapping tuition fees, when they got into power they trebled tuition fees.

Wiki has this polite description:

[T]here is a distinctive set of principles underlying Liberal Democrat political ideology. The ideology centres around individual freedom and tolerance in relation to lifestyle issues, a belief in redistribution and social equality, a commitment to free markets and a positive attitude to internationalism, as exemplified by members' views of the European Union (EU). This distinctive set of ideological beliefs underpin Liberal Democrat policies and add a coherence to the party, which makes it different from its rivals in British politics.

Ugh they do sound shit

i haven't been paying much heed to them of late -what's the deal with them?

I would think they are possibly the only route for a new Tory government via another coalition whether they will do so or not I don't know. Of course they are completely unrealistic about brexit too but then so is almost every other party in the the UK parliament they will definitely do well in any upcoming election though.

I don't see much to object to in the wiki-description, apart maybe from the free markets thing
I know what you mean but I have come to strongly believe that that is the foundation upon which everything else is built upon.

you mean they trebled the fees, or the tories, who were the senior party in that coalition, did?
Ah yeah in fairness a few resigned and a load of backbenchers rebelled but all the main lib dems voted in favour of it.

I would love to know how the oligarchs are seeing this.

Like are they just planning to buy a few middle england cities and a few boroughs of farmland during the handover period for unregulated intense farming while renting england to itself. they most certainly are not going to be concerned about how suitable boris is.

The uk* motor industry will probably fall to bits and those industrial holdings might be scooped up for something or other. smart nandos or something.

*japanese off site motor industry

I would love to know how the oligarchs are seeing this.

Like are they just planning to buy a few middle england cities and a few boroughs of farmland during the handover period for unregulated intense farming while renting england to itself. they most certainly are not going to be concerned about how suitable boris is.

The uk* motor industry will probably fall to bits and those industrial holdings might be scooped up for something or other. smart nandos or something.

*japanese off site motor industry
Tell me more about these ‘smart Nando’s’ of which you speak.
your chicken has WiFi built in or something?

I'd say the oligarchs are currently quite busy creating alibis for all those holidays they had with Epstein and co.

Tell me more about these ‘smart Nando’s’ of which you speak.
your chicken has WiFi built in or something?

I was reading about the amazon centres in the uk that have human free zones filled with robots picking out boxes and stuff and i was trying to figure what they might use the nissan sunderland plant for once its a loser to assemble in the uk

Haven't properly read these as I'm not ever gonna vote in the UK but should be some info on the Lib Dems for yas.

They should just rename themselves the (neo)liberal democrats and be done with it.

That theyworkforyou.com site is brilliant. Is there an Irish equivalent?

Attachments

• swinson.jpg
    swinson.jpg
    912.7 KB · Views: 8
He seems to be accosted by angry people every time he steps out the front door. He really should stop inviting the press along on his excursions because ti's making him look like a total fool. He's really making a hames of this prime minister position. I wonder if he's getting that horrible feeling you get when you accept a new job and realise within the first couple of weeks that it's totally the wrong job for you but you're stuck in it for the forseaable future.

John Harris has been doing a series of videos for the Guardian. Travelling around asking people about brexit. Here's the one he did up the North.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back