BREXIT (2 Viewers)

Wish they'd hurry up already and let us get on with dealing with whatever the consequences are.

Maybe we could tow our island off the coast of France and allow the UK to merge with the US?

CameronBrexit_3308434b.jpg

do we really give a shit?

Not yet, I'm sure that will change as the date approaches.

Wish they'd hurry up already and let us get on with dealing with whatever the consequences are.

Maybe we could tow our island off the coast of France and allow the UK to merge with the US?

They'll huff and puff but I can't see them leaving. Even if they did it could well be a boon for us as the only English speaking member of the bloc.

Sky News just lumped us in with Britain last week as the (geographic) British Isles floated off to its new location under Iceland. There's no escaping the Big Brother.

They'll huff and puff but I can't see them leaving.

I can. I'd be surprised if they didn't leave, actually. I think the campaign for leaving will be a very nationalistic 'rule brittannia' type one, and that it will gain a lot of traction.

A lot of people, happily ignorant to the facts about what consequences may come were they to leave, will vote to go their own way.

I do also agree with you that it won't necessarily be all bad for Ireland either.

And if they do pull out I reckon their lives should be made as difficult as can be, in terms of free trade, freedom of movement between countries, etc.

Wouldn't it be great if they had to apply for a visa to come to Ireland. We could get rid of stag parties in Temple Bar in one fell swoop.

BRITS OUT (of Europe)

I can't see the referendum passing, but if it does I am curious about the ramifications for the statelet to our north.
nicola sturgeon wants all four parts of the UK to have to vote in favour for it to happen

which could provide a handy way for cameron to pass the blame if it all looks like turning into a giant disaster and he needs to back out of letting the english decide

DUTY FREE BOAT TO HOLYHEAD

nicola sturgeon wants all four parts of the UK to have to vote in favour for it to happen

which could provide a handy way for cameron to pass the blame if it all looks like turning into a giant disaster and he needs to back out of letting the english decide

I don't think Cameron thinks it'll pass as it would probably put a significant impediment on London's ability to be the major centre of global finance, especially if the rest of the EU decides to be a dick about an exited UK.

it's a bit of a fucking gamble to let people who were stupid enough to vote the tories back in decide

Combined vote for Tories/UKIP = 49.5% :eek::eek:

However, not all Tories are anti-Europe, not even sure a majority are. Also, it's hard to figure what the turn out would be like in the referendum. Also have to factor in whether all the other major UK parties will present a united front against British exist or not.

We need to get the Swiss the Norwegians and the UK to join the currency then we'll be filthy rich and be able to by loads of stuff for cheep from the US and go on mad holidays everywhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back