Berlin (1 Viewer)

where is the dunkin donuts? downstairs?

Nope, here.... (the long wooden building at the memorial with all the cafes and tourist stuff, you can't miss it....its very big and the only thing there that isn't grey!)

dd_berlin18.jpg

Nope, here.... (the long wooden building at the memorial with all the cafes and tourist stuff, you can't miss it....its very big and the only thing there that isn't grey!)

ha. missed that.

we did notice that the "free" bike tours seemed to involve stop offs at dunkin donuts

heading over in 9 days whos counting ?

i love it over there
any recommendations welcome
i spent too long in berghain last time i was over
what a fucking amazing club

i also fucking love berlin.
anybody got any recommendations for sites that have apartments?
lokking for something central around 300 per month..
have a few friends over there for around that much.

They had me at "This pub cannot be beaten for tastelessness,"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/aug/06/germany.retail
East German pub Beer, spies and videotape: Stasi drinking den angers Berliners

When you pop into your local, you do not expect to be interrogated under a bright lamp or recruited to the secret police while your pint is being pulled. But the owners of a new Berlin pub plan to offer these services and more at their espionage-themed drinking den, which pays tribute to the east German Stasi.
The Firm - the slang term to describe the secret police of the communist regime - is decked out with memorabilia from the bygone era, including shredded surveillance logs, Stasi porcelain and an urn the owners claim contains the ashes of the former east German leader Erich Honecker. A surveillance camera at the door tracks the guests as they enter.
The pub - which is situated on Normannenstrasse in east Berlin, the street that was once home to the former Ministry of State Security - has provoked outrage among former victims of the secret police.
"This pub cannot be beaten for tastelessness," Marianne Birthler, director of the government's archive of Stasi records, told the Leipziger Volkszeitung newspaper, adding that anyone who had seen inside the regime's files "would not have the stomach for a beer in that bar".
It is estimated that the Stasi employed 90,000 full-time spies and 100,000 unofficial informers, who snitched on and terrorised hundreds of thousands of citizens.
But the pub's owners, Willi Gau, 60, and Wolle Schmelz, 53, who launched The Firm after being sacked from a call centre and claim to have never been members of the Stasi, insisted the pub was merely a "provocative but serious piece of satire".

any recommendations of 'must see' places in berlin? also any good clubs pubs etc, anything fun really, there's about 20 of us going so tips would come in handy.

Off to Berlin tomorrow, anyone been there recently and have any bar/restaurant recommendations?

This place is fairly good http://www.cassiopeia-berlin.de/ nice area and the set to pimp my ride europe is there, it was being built when I was there, kind of helped saved the whole place from being bought and turned into something shite.

There's a nice Urban beach as well that would be worth having a few drinks at.

Go on "the alternative Berlin tour" http://www.alternativeberlin.com/ sound guys and they'll show you loads off good spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back