Berlin (1 Viewer)

Is there music shops (for instruments/equipment) recommended in Berlin. I'm going next weekend, might spend some money, seems like it could only be cheaper than Ireland.

Any ideas?

went to Tresor recently, best club i'v ever been to. bangin' techno in a dungeon type setting till the wee hours.

www.tresorberlin.de

Anywhere I've visited in Germany has been class. Just got back from Kempen near the Dutch border. Lovely area, nice people and a pub in every train station. Der Krazy!

Just found out I'll be in Berlin this week for work. I'm going to stay the weekend to check it out. Lots of "it's great" on here but does anyone who has been there recently have any good recommendations on places to go or things to see? My boss just gave me some travel books but I'd thought I'd check here too. I have 2 days and 4 nights to occupy.

if you have the time, do one of those free city tours on your first day to acclimatise yourself with the city, and they do different tours like a Third Reich tour if you're interested in that sort of stuff :)
Bergmanstrasse in Kreuzberg is really pretty with lots of lovely shops and all around that area are fab restaurants. Daydream Nation recommended the lovely Barcomi's to me for desserts, they do American style food. Then right across the road is a yummy thai place. It's nice and quite safe at night to wander around and get food. Then there are some gay clubs etc around the corner.
Mitte and Prenzlauer Berg are cool too, lots of boutiques and cafes and the like.
Didn't do much clubbing so I'll leave that recommendation to someone else!
Café Zapata in Taschen (in Mitte) does really good gigs quite often too and there are other bars/restaurants there.

I've only been there once so this could be the crappest recommendation ever ;)

oh, eat an Obstschnitte cake. Jelly and fruit on sponge YUM YUM

holocaust memorial.

if you're short of time don't bother standing in line for the Reichstag. Unless you book in advance because then you get to see inside the building proper...

holocaust memorial.

if you're short of time don't bother standing in line for the Reichstag. Unless you book in advance because then you get to see inside the building proper...

holocaust memorial = cock

or to be mre specific:
genocide memory + dunkin' donuts + kids playing hide and seek + museum shop
=
cock

...but i guess you got to tick that box. I know I did within my first week or two.

I personally found, the Monument to the Dead Soviet soldiers nearby is more interesting, possibly because if feels more historically 'charged' then the rather bland and orchestrated Holocaust Memorial (which I have to admist is nice in a purely formal, material way)
...but also for the crazy style of the Russian tourists, who are the only other people who go to see it!.|..|

My favourite museum in Berlin, if your interested in design and objects, and all that kind of stuff (and one with no tourists, dunkin' dounuts, ...etc) is the small and independently-run Museum of the Things (Museum Der Dinge)

When my brother was over, brought him on one of the Berlin Underground tours and if was pretty enjoyable and different.

But maybe I'm just weird....

...scratch that, just go to Brandenburg Tor and the Sony Centre.

The best thing to do in Berlin is to get leathered on pills and gak with the ever growing collection of dark-eyed and tired irish and british musical emigres seeking the very essence of coolness in its clubs and pubs like David Bowie, Lou Reed and Humanzi before them. Watch they dont tap ye for a bob to pay the rent though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back