Jellyfish - Spilt Milk (1993) (2 Viewers)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
3.07 star(s) Rating: 3.07/5 14 Votes
Title: Spilt Milk
Artist: Jellyfish
Released: 1993

Tracks:
1 - Hush - 2:11
2 - Joining a Fan Club - 4:03
3 - Sebrina, Paste and Plato - 2:23
4 - New Mistake - 4:02
5 - Glutton of Sympathy - 3:49
6 - The Ghost at Number One - 3:36
7 - Bye Bye Bye - 4:03
8 - All Is Forgiven - 4:09
9 - Russian Hill - 4:45
10 - He's My Best Friend - 3:44
11 - Too Much, Too Little, Too Late - 3:14
12 - Brighter Day - 6:12

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

OK full disclosure: only one person actually nominated this (probably @Anthony), but if I had put in a list this would have been in the top 5. Honestly one of the best albums I've ever heard, so i'm pulling rank and it's up.

Normal service will resume next week.

Who the fuck are these guys?

Formed around the talents of former Beatnik Beatch members singer/songwriter/drummer Andy Sturmer and keyboard player/multi-instrumentalist Roger Manning, as well as former Three O'Clock singer/songwriter/guitarist Jason Falkner, and with Manning's brother Chris joining the group on bass for live shows, Jellyfish came to fruition in 1990 with the release of Bellybutton. The debut album yielded the band's biggest hit, "Baby's Coming Back," as well as a string of solid singles ("The King Is Half-Undressed," "That Is Why," "I Wanna Stay Home," and "Now She Knows She's Wrong") that earned the group a devoted yet decidedly cult following. Both Falkner and Chris Manning left the fold after the Bellybutton tour, the latter blaming a distaste for life on the road and the former unhappy with his role as just a guitar player. Sturmer and Manning spent the next two years holed up in the studio with a rotating cast of musicians who included bassist Tim Smith and multi-instrumentalist/producer Jon Brion to record Jellyfish's sophomore effort, Spilt Milk. Released in 1993, Milk was a far more elaborate affair than its predecessor, echoing the studio mastery of the Beach Boys ("Hush," "Ghost at Number One"), the guitar-heavy onslaught of Kiss and Queen ("Joining a Fan Club," "All is Forgiven"), and the psychedelic pop of the Beatles ("Bye, Bye, Bye," "Brighter Day") with impressive acumen. The band endured a year of touring (with the help of Smith and guitarist/singer Eric Dover) before calling it quits at the end of 1994.

Jellyfish - Biography | Billboard

Nope. "The debut album yielded the band's biggest hit, "Baby's Coming Back," " It's definitely the bad kind.

Alright then.No idea what to expect here at all.

Variously -

Andy Sturmer
Roger Joseph Manning, Jr.
Jason Falkner
Eric Dover
Tim Smith
Chris Manning
Niko Wenner

I don't think Niko Wenner plays on this album, but he's one of the mighty Oxbow, who are a very different prospect but a fantastic band in their own right, so that's a mark of quality right there.

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back