Battlestar Galactica (1 Viewer)

No way, aren't they the same guy? I thought Alexander Siddig changed his name before, he used to be called something else.....shit. I'm a dope.

They might as well be the same person anyway. Fuckem

Ouch Seanc, how embarrassing...

you can slice up any show you want and make people feel guiltily stupid for watching it though as theres nothing out there without its fair share of cliches, standard genre techniques etc, but then you'd eventually be as horribly pretentious as Kermode or John Kenny and that is a fate worse than death...

I for one think Boosh is utter toss but I just stay silent while people regurgitate whole volumes of it down the pub :mad:. Galactica is a very edgey show imo, e.g. the New Caprica era good-guys-as-suicide-bombers was a great spin on events of the time and made you think a bit, outside of the show's remit and into real life.

Enough chin stroking though, Tigh would kick all of our asses if he heard any of this frakking bitching!!

Ouch Seanc, how embarrassing...

you can slice up any show you want and make people feel guiltily stupid for watching it though as theres nothing out there without its fair share of cliches, standard genre techniques etc, but then you'd eventually be as horribly pretentious as Kermode or John Kenny and that is a fate worse than death...

I for one think Boosh is utter toss but I just stay silent while people regurgitate whole volumes of it down the pub :mad:. Galactica is a very edgey show imo, e.g. the New Caprica era good-guys-as-suicide-bombers was a great spin on events of the time and made you think a bit, outside of the show's remit and into real life.

Enough chin stroking though, Tigh would kick all of our asses if he heard any of this frakking bitching!!

Well, I actually agree with everything you say.......wasn't trying to do any chin stroking at all. Dear god no. You can notice techniques or tricks or whatever and still appreciate the show, obviously.

Well, I actually agree with everything you say.......wasn't trying to do any chin stroking at all. Dear god no. You can notice techniques or tricks or whatever and still appreciate the show, obviously.

no way, i thought I was chin stroking in my post man... dude! I feel a Bill & Ted moment of clarity coming on here...

wherever you are, do the Wylde Stallions air guitar thing they do and I will too, then we're even .|..|

I wonder why he changed his name?
What is he hiding.......

syriana2.jpg

Does the fact that they don't look remotely alike not convince you?

No. Strangely enough the fact that they look remarkably similar, have very similar voices and are both known for acting in Sci Fi made me to think they were the same person. That and the fact that
Google
images
can't seem to tell them apart either. You don't think they look similar?

unicron said:
They all look the same to him.

Ah now, that's bold.

Just spent the best part of a week getting through this.. got the miniseries and season 1 - 3 from zavvi for thirty quid, and downloaded season 4.

It's bloody magic! Roslin and Adama - both class, as is starbuck. 6 is continually steaming up my telly, and the whole thing just seems like they've spent shedloads of cash on it.

Best bits so far: Starbuck being awesome, as is Baltar, 4 cylons!, music is great, that thing Adama did with the Galactica at the start of season three.. atmospheric drop or whatever, I was practically cheering!, the whole claustrophia of season 1, fat apollo, pegasus commander lady actually being a proper deep character, not a one sided eejit, the fact they've dealt with everything from abortion to guantanamo bay, with religious war all through - balls of steel writers!
I have to admit - I love the love stories too, I thought boxing ep was magic, and am pretty happy roslin and adama (after 4 sodding seasons!) have finally admitted they want to get it on!

My theory on the ending is the whole "this has all happened before" doodad - maybe the human race keeps getting to a certain point, creating machines, war destruction for all and reset - so the last time it was mapped out to push them into this whole thing, and then they realise and start getting along - break outta the cycle.

Oh, and the fifth cylon is definitely the cat. Bet it talks at the end.

!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back