Battlestar Galactica (1 Viewer)

aoboa

Looking at ordering the 1st series and the mini series (stg£28 for both) on Amazon.

Worth it? Any good?
Been hearing good things.

i watched the first few episodes and liked it but it was too tense to wait another week to see the next episode so i gave up. I'll probably get a lend of it and watch it in a weekend.

I downloaded and watched Space Above And Beyond a couple of months ago. It's not a bad show. Above average but it's in the ha'penny place compared to Battlestar. There's something really gritty and very very dark about the new Galactica.

The original version of Battlestar Galactica is also worth a watch. That's fairly cheap in town.

Not sure when season 3 is on Sky but it's available on the torrent network.

Up to episode 8 I think.

(For some reason, January is in my head for Sky, but that could be wrong).

They show it on US Sci Fi of a Friday, so it's usually up on Saturday as a torrent.

The podcasts are also quite good.

I downloaded and watched Space Above And Beyond a couple of months ago. It's not a bad show. Above average but it's in the ha'penny place compared to Battlestar. There's something really gritty and very very dark about the new Galactica.

The original version of Battlestar Galactica is also worth a watch. That's fairly cheap in town.

Not sure when season 3 is on Sky but it's available on the torrent network.

Up to episode 8 I think.

(For some reason, January is in my head for Sky, but that could be wrong).

They show it on US Sci Fi of a Friday, so it's usually up on Saturday as a torrent.

The podcasts are also quite good.
ill take your word for it. im just going on memory. that said, i wouldn't say battlestar is faultless, there was a run of really average, underplotted, ill thought out episodes in the middle of season two- they tried to fit in too many ideas/plotlines without adequately resolving any of them, the black market story arc for example

there was a run of really average, underplotted, ill thought out episodes in the middle of season two- they tried to fit in too many ideas/plotlines without adequately resolving any of them, the black market story arc for example
Id agree with that, once the triple parter episodes around mid season were done, the next 3-5 were fairly turdlike until they started focusing on the season wrap up, and then it got really interesting for the 1st 4 or 5 of season 3, the last 4 have been good but not mindblowing by any stretch of the imagination

Id agree with that, once the triple parter episodes around mid season were done, the next 3-5 were fairly turdlike until they started focusing on the season wrap up, and then it got really interesting for the 1st 4 or 5 of season 3, the last 4 have been good but not mindblowing by any stretch of the imagination

same with season 3 so? thats a shame, its like they run out of steam when nothing is happening...

Actually, I reckon the last few on season 3 are probably quite pivotal with regards to understanding what's going on with the Cylons.

There's so much subtext. All this malarkey about the other five models and the minority report type pilot. Something weird is happening.

And as for Adama's confession (which, if he thought about it, doesn't make sense - Six was on Caprica for ages, though we don't know when that happened (okay, none of this makes sense if you haven't seen it but I'm wary of spoilers for those who haven't))....

I get the feeling that something big is happening. And it's not nice.

Three in a bed cylon romps.

Madness. Madness....

I think the space scenes interesting looking, but not in any way dramatic or exciting. Also, too many naked man shots, not enough naked lady shots.

Good show and all though

I really want to like this show, but every episode I've seen has a moment that makes me change channel. I've only tried to watch about 3 or 4 episodes. Have I just been unlucky? The effects look brilliant and I'm always on for a "in the future, robots take over the fuckin planet" storyline.

Bit too much cheese in places. The last episode I tried to watch had Starbuck getting pissed out of her tree and toasting dead comrades with stupid nicknames. Just...couldn't....stand....it.....

I really want to like this show, but every episode I've seen has a moment that makes me change channel. I've only tried to watch about 3 or 4 episodes. Have I just been unlucky? The effects look brilliant and I'm always on for a "in the future, robots take over the fuckin planet" storyline.

Bit too much cheese in places. The last episode I tried to watch had Starbuck getting pissed out of her tree and toasting dead comrades with stupid nicknames. Just...couldn't....stand....it.....

Yeah there's a bit of that alright. Doing The Shield: In Space, and putting a north african/ celtic score over it doesn't necassarily make it edgy, tense programming. It's a bit cheesy sometimes

It is pretty good though all in all, has some moments. I thought it was on tonight on Sky One, but it's not, bugger

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back