A Wilhelm Scream in Belfast (3 Viewers)

Then what did you mean? Perhaps I'm being overly defensive of our little northern cesspool, but I have sensed a little unjustified hostility towards Belfast in the past from the Dublin ''Hardcore scene''.

"Hardcore scene"? I take it you mean: "fuck you and your friends because your scene is a work of fiction".

now now lads !baggyyyy

everyone knows belfast is dull and shit and has a few shit punk bands and dublin is bigger and has lots of xXshit hardcore bandsXx and a big metal spike surrounded with smackheads. equally shit in different ways

just people in belfast are a bit better looking.

"Hardcore scene"? I take it you mean: "fuck you and your friends because your scene is a work of fiction".

Nope. Putting something in inverted coma's doesn't mean I'm saying ''fuck you and your friends''. It means I'm using other peoples terminology, not mine. I like lots of the Dublin Hardcore bands and have been down to a few of your gigs. I'm just asking why the unjustified hostility towards Belfast? We nearly always get left out when touring Hardcore bands come to Ireland. Sure people up here like shit punk and ska more than they like decent Hardcore but that's changing. Plus it depends on how the gig is promoted.

Sure people up here like shit punk and ska more than they like decent Hardcore but that's changing.

Thank fuck may I say!

But yeah, I really don't get all the unnecessary hostility towards Belfast either. I mean, it is a shithole and won't deny it, but there are worse places and musically it wasn't always as average as it is now.

Do I sense you referring to yourself Barney?

you think im good looking? thats so sweet...

when the moon hits your eye lke a big pizza pie, thats amoreeeeeeeeee

you should all stop being soppy bastards i've never "sensed any hostility towards belfast" and if i did i would either a) get a historectomy or b) be a complete cunt to whoever was sleggin my wee city (norn iron lads, stf, uth, ftw!!!! smicky two toes massif) i can sort of understand why a lot of bands dont play here as sometimes the turnout is fucking pathetic especially when certain bars throw all the punx out when ever they take the notion. project hopeless is a perfect example, about ten fucking people thrown out for no good reason and everyone there standing out in the smoking bit when the bands were playing even though one was a ride and had a moustache. hopefully this new centre will get off the ground and there will be less of that shit.

p.s. fuck dublin

you should all stop being soppy bastards i've never "sensed any hostility towards belfast" and if i did i would either a) get a historectomy or b) be a complete cunt to whoever was sleggin my wee city (norn iron lads, stf, uth, ftw!!!! smicky two toes massif) i can sort of understand why a lot of bands dont play here as sometimes the turnout is fucking pathetic especially when certain bars throw all the punx out when ever they take the notion. project hopeless is a perfect example, about ten fucking people thrown out for no good reason and everyone there standing out in the smoking bit when the bands were playing even though one was a ride and had a moustache. hopefully this new centre will get off the ground and there will be less of that shit.

p.s. fuck dublin
+

the bassist did have a nice moustace, but yeah, i agree- FUCK GALWAY

p.s. fuck dublin

Barney's post is actually the most sensible one on this matter.
The reason most of those hardcore bands don't go near Belfast is because they are looking for amounts of money that a gig in Belfast won't raise. So unless someone is going to pay out of their own pocket for it, the gig isn't going to happen. It's a simple as that. There is no "hostility" or any bollocks like that (although certain people may feel uncomfortable going to Belfast for good enough reason), it's plain and simple that doing Dublin and eg. Galway is far more worthwhile for these bands than going anywhere near Belfast, and most of those bands when they come over will only play one or two gigs due to time constraints.
I personally have been offered a good lot of gigs like this in the past, and over the past couple of years I've had to turn down nearly every one because I can't afford to lose £100+ to do it.

there is actually quite a lot of hostility towards belfast but it's almost entirely directed at barney and cormcolash.

Cormac, I agree with everything you and Barney say. But I still think there is some degree of hostility, or better ridicule, towards Belfast.
I mean, it's a shit hole, people don't turn up to gigs because prefer to get fucked and then get all whiney when there aren't that meny gigs complaining of how the situation is shit. But there are people that try to make an effort, like yourself, to put on gigs regardless so it does rub a bit the wrong way when some people in Dublin make ridiculing comments towards Belfast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back