Moving to the sticks (4 Viewers)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
Or at least out of/far (ish) away from Dublin.

Anyone have any thoughts of doing this? I'm currently 60/40 on it, specifically to Kilkenny. Already started looking at gaffs there. The idea being that theres 10 years left on the mortgage on the gaff in Dublin but there's enough paid off to be able to sell up, clear the rest of the mortgage and buy something outright, or close to outright. And, get a bigger gaff and live closer to the city.

In a lot of ways its a no-brainer. The only possible spanner in the works could be the work situation. I'm currently fully remote and will be for as long as I'm in this company. But its unlikely this company will be around a year from now. It'll either go to shit, or get bought out.

anyways, anyone else ever think of doing anything similar?

Rats, yes they are a clever bunch.

hqdefault.jpg

Just to steer things back this way from all those horrible little furry pricks.

almost 3 months in the sticks now and its been deadly.

mostly in how relaxed the place is. Everyone is very chilled and you don't get that sense that everyone is angry all the time, that you do in Dublin.

And the mobility. Being able to get pretty much anywhere you want, anytime you want, is amazing. My aul one fell yesterday and I had to take her to A+E during rush hour. Took 12 minutes.

She was grand. Just an arm sprain.

Side note

Something I think I would like to spend a year doing is hunting and eating nutria in the southern United States
They're an invasive species and you get paid for each one your catch
Completely edible, if you can make the mental leap to eating a giant rodent

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You'd probably be off the riding for most of the year
Very few women want to hear about your rat hunting and kissing your rat breath

Speaking of NYC rats...
I became interested in Zoe Tamerlis Lund after seeing her in her friend Abel Ferrara's movie Ms 45 on TG4 circa 2001.
Zoe and her husband Bob Lund 1980's apartment in Manhattan was full of rats and Zoe loved them.
There are photos of Zoe kissing her rats. They had to get rid of them after they bred out of control and apparently the cavity between the floors became full of excrement.
Zoe and Bob collected up rats and rehoused them.

Speaking of NYC rats...
I became interested in Zoe Tamerlis Lund after seeing her in her friend Abel Ferrara's movie Ms 45 on TG4 circa 2001.
Zoe and her husband Bob Lund 1980's apartment in Manhattan was full of rats and Zoe loved them.
There are photos of Zoe kissing her rats. They had to get rid of them after they bred out of control and apparently the cavity between the floors became full of excrement.
Zoe and Bob collected up rats and rehoused them.
Wow. That's some retro website

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back