HELP THE DOGS!!!!!!!! (2 Viewers)

Am I the only one who thinks all dogs should be banned? Living with a dirty stinking wild animal you convince yourself holds some sort of "emotion" towards you other then a urge to get feed is disturbing enough, but when said beast starts attacking children?

It's sad they're going to kill them all, but y'know, it's 2007

but humans suck.

but humans suck.

yeah but at least they don't shit on your shoe or eat their young

lets keep some prespective on things here

Anyhow I'm tired of walking into a park with my daughter seeing a dog running towards us and wondering is this just a friendly dog who's going to say hello, or some mentalist hound on Attack Mode, all this while the owner stands hundreds of yards away, prostate, with leash lying limp in hand... Why is it my responsibility to pick up my daughter and worry about my calves being savaged? Why should I feel nervous and intimidated so someone else can let their beast run free in public space because the poor bastard creature shouldn't be locked up in a house anyway?

I'll give you that killing the stupid things isn't really fair, but I fully support much stronger laws and controls on people who feel the need to keep wild animals close to hand in built up areas.

asshole

AMPITNalaPuppy1.JPG

wankers

mvc-004s2.jpg

bastard

zane_staff_15p.jpg

what a retarded law.

I didn't see your letter in the times, did you use the right stamps?

Anyhow I'm tired of walking into a park with my daughter seeing a dog running towards us and wondering is this just a friendly dog who's going to say hello, or some mentalist hound on Attack Mode, all this while the owner stands hundreds of yards away, prostate, with leash lying limp in hand... Why is it my responsibility to pick up my daughter and worry about my calves being savaged? Why should I feel nervous and intimidated so someone else can let their beast run free in public space because the poor bastard creature shouldn't be locked up in a house anyway?

have you ever been attacked by a dog or is your fear based on the bad press generated by a couple of dogs?

I'll give you that killing the stupid things isn't really fair, but I fully support much stronger laws and controls on people who feel the need to keep wild animals close to hand in built up areas.

Blaming dogs is the easy option. The humans are at fault here. They’re abusing your paternal instincts to rally support for their own laziness and idiocy. Being worried about a humans dog attacking you should be no different than worrying about a human attacking you with a knife or a car or anything else.

There's no reason why dogs can't live in built up areas. We have loads of parks, especially in Dublin. But I'll say it again, its the humans who are at fault. Dogs shouldn't be handed out to just any idiot. And those people who have dogs just to satisfy their own machismo are scum.
I'd love a dog, but I'm in no position to care for one properly. And if I raise a dog irresponsibly there's a good chance that it will be a nuisance or a danger to people. Also, it's not fair on the dog. That's why I don't have one. That makes sense to me.

have you ever been attacked by a dog or is your fear based on the bad press generated by a couple of dogs?
you don't need to be have been attacked to be wary of it. just like you don't need to have been shot to be wary of guns...

Ban child walking in parks thats what i say.

My dog is never off a leash out in public. I walk him in a farm field where noone else is about. If there is someone else in the field he goes back on the leash. There are plently of places where people can walk their dogs in private. Also if the dog was trained properly a simple command from the owner should get the dog back to their side! with this sort of stuff it again comes down to the owners of dogs. Proper training and some common sense would solve this but it is too easy for just anyone to own a dog.

There should be a serious structure in place. If you want to own a dog its a long term deal and so it should not be a problem for you to have to go to mandatory training sessions. A trained dog is completely different to an untrained one!

Nope, I've not, but my Dad was bit last year by an Alsatian that was roaming free round the grounds of a family run B+B. Either way I'm still not playing the percentage games with my/my childs/anyones safety so some people can have a (IMHO) pretend relationship with a wild animal.

Last year in Iveagh park some dog ran up towards and the old women who owned it sitting on the bench shouted over "I'd watch youself if I was you" I grabbed my kid and sure enough the dog stood it's ground five foot away and started barking at us, like BARKING at us, the old women chuckled and said "oh she'd go for her you know"

This to me is insane, this old bat knew she had an angry and uncontrolable animal out in a public area, and (and this is what gets me most) the onus is on me to get my daughter out of its way? I still can't comprehend why it's okay for me to have the shit scared out of me like that in a public park. It's completely unfair.

I know lots of people have good relationships with their animals and look after them and control them properly, but the law has to be toughned if only for the few idiots who can't, the human cost is just to high otherwise. As far as I'm concerned if your dog is charging around a busy park and you're thirty foot away, the leash in your hand is useless, you have no control over the beast and you are not taking proper responsibilty for your animal, and I think you should be taken to task about that.

you don't need to be have been attacked to be wary of it. just like you don't need to have been shot to be wary of guns...

I was going to make the gun link, but though it might be OTT, but seeing as you did... It's a pretty similar case, lots of people enjoying shooting guns in the US, it's a fun outdoor activity, they look after their cuns responsibly and care for them in a mature way. Does that mean guns should be legal?

Nope, I've not, but my Dad was bit last year by an Alsatian that was roaming free round the grounds of a family run B+B. Either way I'm still not playing the percentage games with my/my childs/anyones safety so some people can have a (IMHO) pretend relationship with a wild animal.

Last year in Iveagh park some dog ran up towards and the old women who owned it sitting on the bench shouted over "I'd watch youself if I was you" I grabbed my kid and sure enough the dog stood it's ground five foot away and started barking at us, like BARKING at us, the old women chuckled and said "oh she'd go for her you know"

This to me is insane, this old bat knew she had an angry and uncontrolable animal out in a public area, and (and this is what gets me most) the onus is on me to get my daughter out of its way? I still can't comprehend why it's okay for me to have the shit scared out of me like that in a public park. It's completely unfair.

I know lots of people have good relationships with their animals and look after them and control them properly, but the law has to be toughned if only for the few idiots who can't, the human cost is just to high otherwise. As far as I'm concerned if your dog is charging around a busy park and you're thirty foot away, the leash in your hand is useless, you have no control over the beast and you are not taking proper responsibilty for your animal, and I think you should be taken to task about that.

in that case, deal with the human, exterminating the animal is not the option!!

my leg was badly savaged by a sheepdog a few years ago - a typically gentle breed. But i dont blame the dog, i blame the bitch who kept her and trained her to act in such a way.

surely parks are for dogs only?

Ban child walking in parks thats what i say.

this isn't even funny anymore...

My dog is never off a leash out in public.
then I doft my cap to you sir

There should be a serious structure in place. If you want to own a dog its a long term deal and so it should not be a problem for you to have to go to mandatory training sessions. A trained dog is completely different to an untrained one!
BIG TIME, I also can't see why certain areas of parks can't be fenced off. That's your Dog Bit, all you maddsers with your wild animals go nuts and the rest of us will live here in 2007 till your ready to come out with your beast properly restrained and take it back to your home.

I was going to make the gun link, but though it might be OTT, but seeing as you did... It's a pretty similar case, lots of people enjoying shooting guns in the US, it's a fun outdoor activity, they look after their cuns responsibly and care for them in a mature way. Does that mean guns should be legal?
some people are gonna misuse guns, and some are gonna misuse dogs.... just cos some boat is used to smuggle cocaine, should we ban boats? i dunno.
what this is is the dcc being sick of being sued by people who are attacked by dogs, so maybe it's litigation that's to blame?
it's people really...people are what's wrong with the world.

so we fine the old women and what? the dog gets better all of a sudden?

I don't buy it

no - but I think the systematic extermination of certain breeds - just because they are a certain breed (and happen to live in a certain area) is extreme, cruel and unnecessary.

particularly if they are only violent because their human encouraged them to be.

A dog doesn’t have to be a power trip. People who use it as one are scum. Again it’s a people problem. With recreational gun use, there’s no benefit other than the power tripping.
I’d have fully supported you kicking that dog in the face. And it’s owner. Twice.

Of course, but the point he always makes is that the problem is with the humans
Y'know dude, it doesn't really matter whether the dog or the human is at fault, the net result is the same ... if a) a dog is vicious and the dog is at fault the dog gets put down while if b) a dog is vicious and the owner is at fault the dog gets taken off the owner and put in the dog pound and 2 weeks later gets put down

Why is it inconceivable that some breeds are more likely to be dangerous than others? They look different, why wouldn't they have different personalities?

So, dog lovers, what would you do about scary dogs? Obviously the best solution from a dog-owner and public safety point of view would be to license dog owners in the same way drivers are licensed ... but that's not going to happen, so what's the next best thing. Keep things the way they are?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back