HELP THE DOGS!!!!!!!! (2 Viewers)

you HAVE to be taking the piss

Anyhow I think what's always interesting about stuff like this is how I wager most folks defending dogs here grew up with dogs and are incapable of seeing how weird and odd it is to people who didn't grow up with dogs that dog owners have such a real and visceral emotional attachment to something that just wants food and to be let outside to poo now again and beyond on that doesn't give a hoot about the people around it.

once again, same goes for children - except they aren't trained to go outside to poo.

Because comparing the act of discrimintating between different breeds of dogs (like what they do at Krufts Dog Show say) and racists treating people, human beings, differently because of the colour of thier skin, is stupid and simplistic.

If a dog is trained to attack by its pack leader that's what it will do. I grant you a pit bull is bred to have the tools to do that very well, as compared to say a poodle.
If a dog isn't controlled by its pack leader, then it becomes unpredictable. Again, I grant you an out of control mastiff is more dangerous than an out of control poodle.

Ah c'mon seanc, I said "we breed dogs to look different, why isn't it conceiveable that they also have different personalities" and you said "Some might say that's racist" ...

Would you be one of those that might say what I said is racist? Because if you were you'd be wrong. I know fuck all about dogs, but different breeds of animals have different temperaments - freisian bulls are known for their wickedness, and pigs used in battery production are specifically bred to be placid

It doesn't work. Of course it doesn't. Don't be silly. Humans and dogs are different.

The racism connection was one made in a link earlier in the thread. I assume you read it and you're not just popping in to stir shit and be clever?

Wow, no need to snap at me seanc. This is what i read:

Some might say that's racist.

you HAVE to be taking the piss

Ah c'mon seanc, I said "we breed dogs to look different, why isn't it conceiveable that they also have different personalities" and you said "Some might say that's racist" ...

Would you be one of those that might say what I said is racist? Because if you were you'd be wrong. I know fuck all about dogs, but different breeds of animals have different temperaments - freisian bulls are known for their wickedness, and pigs used in battery production are specifically bred to be placid

here egg, whats your email address, egg ?

By law, those dogs are supposed to be licensed, and when outdoors, kept on a lead and muzzled - their owners are also supposed to clear up the dogs' poo-poo. However, that law is never enforced as there are hardly any dog wardens (they must spend all day indoors with litter wardens), so the council decides to replace a sensible regime that they can't enforce with an even more extreme one that is even less enforceable. The problem in this case is the enforcement of the law; same goes for traffic, litter, environmental pollution, building standards, employment, landlords, safety, use of the internet at work etc.

If a dog is trained to attack by its pack leader that's what it will do. I grant you a pit bull is bred to have the tools to do that very well, as compared to say a poodle.
If a dog isn't controlled by its pack leader, then it becomes unpredictable. Again, I grant you an out of control mastiff is more dangerous than an out of control poodle.

what? that has nothing to do with what I was talking about, the bollox you were talking about racism...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back