HELP THE DOGS!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Whitedogposter.jpg

Morto!

This journo rang me this morning to do an interview. She wants a photo of me and the dogs as well. I tried to get my mate to do it but she won't do it without me. So we said sure fuck it we'll both be in it.

I had me Da's address down on the letter to the papers so the journo rang him first.

He rang me all worried thinking the cops were after me and he'd given them my mobile :D

The poor aulfella!

Yay Diddles!

Well done for making the rest of us feel like ineffective armchair protestors

Yay Diddles!

Well done for making the rest of us feel like ineffective armchair protestors

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!

I only wrote a letter to the paper. I'm totally morto about the whole thing. It's gotten completely out of hand. :)

Really worried the dogs are going to fight tomorrow. They've never met!
Fucking great for the photographer though.

Please sign this petition:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/dublincitycouncildogban/

quote from Irish animals forum:

The first casualties of the Dog Ban on so called dangerous breeds were dumped in Blessington this morning. They are a Rothweiler and German Shepherd found in Blessington. (now in Dunboyne Pound at 087 6961116 bor 01 8026676) -this is only the start.
I rang DCC earlier today and the fact that ths bill was brought in without any forethought or planning is becoming more and more obvious.

On radio Newstalk last night the DCC said there was no panic as an appeals board was set up to examine every case. On ringing the DCC to speak to someone this morning , I was just offered a call back. It appears BRENDAN HAYDEN is now the person to write too as he is the APPEALS PERSON.

Also I was told the dog wardens will be calling to seize rthe dogs, the ban is in place , it started 1-7-07.The dog wardens will operate the job of seizing the dogs, then people can write to Brendan Hayden in the form of an appeal....they will tell me nothing else but that 'this is only new' we dont know yet the sequence of how a seisure will unfold.So will a family pet be taken to the pound pending an appeal??? I dont think they even know themselves.

dogs are so cool

http://www.wivb.com/global/story.asp?s=6768851

Top Story
Bizarre and Disturbing Dog Attack
July 10, 2007 06:49 PM

(Lockport, NY, July 10, 2007) - - We want to warn you that our top story is both bizarre and deeply disturbing. Police are investigating an apparent sexual attack by a family pit bull on a two-year-old boy in Lockport. The boy is at Women and Children's Hospital. News 4's Lorey Schultz reports.

This two-year-old pit bull shows no signs of aggression, but it did on Sunday when it apparently sodomized a Lockport toddler.

Residents who live in the neighborhood where it happened are still talking about it.

One neighbor said, "You hear about dogs attacking children in horror films, but as far as in this community, it's never happened."

Police say the boy was sexually assaulted in his Washburn Street home by his family's two-year-old pit bull, who had been with them since it was a puppy.

Lockport Police Detective Captain Larry Eggert said, "A little boy was home with his family, and the family pit bull actually sodomized the boy."

Eggert told us the boy's family members and neighbors had to beat the dog to get it off the child.

Schultz: How serious are the child's injuries?

Eggert: He's had some surgeries to repair some pretty significant damage.

Animal advocates agree that this case is an unusual one. While pit bulls are notorious for being aggressive, they say it's not always true.

Al Chille is executive director of the SPCA in Niagara County.

Chille said, "I, personally, am against this idea of outlawing any specific breed of animal."

Schultz: What would trigger a family pet dog to attack like this?

Chille: One doesn't know, really. ... There could be some quirk in the brain of the dog. ... It could be the smell of the diaper or something. I don't know.

Police are bringing in a behavioral expert to help determine what triggered the sexual assault.

The boy's family wants the dog destroyed, but nothing will be done until the investigation is completed.

Chille said, "The intent, apparently, wasn't to hurt the child. ... My understanding is the child had no bites on him at all. ... I guess the message is be respectful of a dog, until you absolutely know the animal."

fair play to you diddles! hope the interview goes well and creates even more awareness of this. i wrote to Metro but didn't have the guts to leave my contact details. However, they did print the letter.

This is a sad sad day for Dublin :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back