HELP THE DOGS!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

A quarter dangerous, even.

I was thinking of offspring of one mongrel and one purebreed, but I probably got it wrong.... Roxy* is something like 1/3 Rhodesian Ridgeback and therefore, if she lived in Dublin, would she be subject to the law? We think she has a bit of German Shepherd, too, but we can't be sure. We think one of her parents was a purebred lab, but perhaps not -- no one has ever been able to figure out exactly what she is, and there are loads of dogs like that. If the owner, the vet, and dog lovers don't know, then how could some chump from the DCC know?

I reckon people should just invent a whole load of new dog breeds. Diddles, your dogs are now Fingal Terriers. Then, if they ban them things, you just change them to a subcategory, something like Elevenses Pointers.

*I mean Roxy the dog, not Roxy off Thumped, who is a rare breed indeed, and certainly no mongrel, like.

A friend of mine has 2 english bull terriers and both are as placid as a medicated pensioner but my mams 13 year old yorkshire terrier is a vicious thing with a penchant for attacking small kids. Stupid fucking law

Darn right, the only times I've been attacked by dogs they've been little yappy balls of fur (a Jack Russell and a little white fluffy yoke that Paris Hilton might own). Don't laugh, they can do enough damage with those little razor-sharp teeth - ouch.

Darn right, the only times I've been attacked by dogs they've been little yappy balls of fur (a Jack Russell and a little white fluffy yoke that Paris Hilton might own). Don't laugh, they can do enough damage with those little razor-sharp teeth - ouch.

I do like little dogs as well as bigger dogs, but yeah, they can be fuckers. People think they don't have to train them because sure, they're only small, or they think it's funny when they nip as puppies, but it's not. I was out running one day a few years ago, and this fucker went for me, all biting my legs and then running rings around me trying to trip me up. The owner started shrieking at me to just stay still because I was upsetting her dog. I was well pissed off. Then, when I did stop, the dog kept at me, and she said that if I hadn't run by and startled her dog, and then yelped when it bit me, it wouldn't have kept biting me. Then I was even more pissed off.

Any dog can become unpredictable, as can any human, but the solution is not to put them all down, it's to make sure dogs and humans have the facilities to live in total harmony. I was in Austria a couple of months ago, and it's so dog friendly that all the dogs you see are friendly and happy. They're generally on-leash where they need to be, but can be taken off leash a lot of the time because they've been trained well. I'm sure there are mean dogs, but you don't see them in public.

I do like little dogs as well as bigger dogs, but yeah, they can be fuckers. People think they don't have to train them because sure, they're only small, or they think it's funny when they nip as puppies, but it's not. I was out running one day a few years ago, and this fucker went for me, all biting my legs and then running rings around me trying to trip me up. The owner started shrieking at me to just stay still because I was upsetting her dog. I was well pissed off. Then, when I did stop, the dog kept at me, and she said that if I hadn't run by and startled her dog, and then yelped when it bit me, it wouldn't have kept biting me. Then I was even more pissed off.

Any dog can become unpredictable, as can any human, but the solution is not to put them all down, it's to make sure dogs and humans have the facilities to live in total harmony. I was in Austria a couple of months ago, and it's so dog friendly that all the dogs you see are friendly and happy. They're generally on-leash where they need to be, but can be taken off leash a lot of the time because they've been trained well. I'm sure there are mean dogs, but you don't see them in public.

i would've kicked the dog and punched the owner.

C'mere, whens that demonstration yoke Diddles mentioned? I looked back through the thread but I can't find it. Is it a joke or is it real?

Howaya Lads.
police_dog.jpg

I was thinking of offspring of one mongrel and one purebreed, but I probably got it wrong.... Roxy* is something like 1/3 Rhodesian Ridgeback and therefore, if she lived in Dublin, would she be subject to the law? We think she has a bit of German Shepherd, too, but we can't be sure. We think one of her parents was a purebred lab, but perhaps not -- no one has ever been able to figure out exactly what she is, and there are loads of dogs like that. If the owner, the vet, and dog lovers don't know, then how could some chump from the DCC know?

Nurembergracechart.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_Laws

C'mere, whens that demonstration yoke Diddles mentioned? I looked back through the thread but I can't find it. Is it a joke or is it real?

Tomorrow at the civic offices at 2pm.

Also, this was issued by the DSPCA today.

Dublin SPCA make offer to Dublin City Council
12th July 2007

We have written again to Mr John Tierney, Dublin City Manager requesting a meeting to discuss the ban of listed breeds in their tenants homes.
Further to the recent ban on 10 listed breeds and crosses and strains for those dogs imposed by Dublin City Council for their tenants, we would like to make the following points.

A simple solution would be to require mandatory neutering, microchipping and guardianship registration for dogs placed on the list as well as the implementation of the Control of Dogs Act regulations on muzzling and leashes when in public places.

If any owner is found to be in breach of these laws then they can be identified and held accountable.

To this end the Dublin SPCA would like to make the following offer to Dublin City Council.

· We will microchip through our mobile clinic every listed breed and cross /strain. We will on behalf of Dublin City Council, maintain a database of all those microchipped dogs and owners details for those Dublin City Council tenants. Each dog owner will be provided with a disc to be placed on its collar that contains details of the microchip implanted.

· We will provide each Dublin City Council Dog warden a microchip scanner that they can use to scan any dog found straying within their estates or complexes. They can also use these scanners to check if a tenant’s dog has been microchipped. We will also provide them with access to an online database of all microchipped dogs.

· We will offer a subsidised neutering scheme for all listed breed dogs (male & female) through our Mobile Veterinary Unit.

The problem of dog attacks is best dealt with through a comprehensive programme of education, training and legislation ensuring responsible ownership of all breeds and not the blanket ban on certain breeds.

We would again request a meeting with Dublin City Council and other interested parties to discuss the problems relating to irresponsible and anti-social individuals and their dogs and try to find a realistic solution that does not punish the majority of law abiding Dublin City Council tenants.

Yours Sincerely,

Jimmy Cahill
General Manager

Fair play to ' em. :)

Not reading all the thread but it appears the Council have backtracked somewhat and have said in no way are they doing door to door to evict these dogs but only if someone reports loose roaming dogs etc

Sure this has being mentioned earlier in the thread but I want a quick game of PES6 b4 work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back