HELP THE DOGS!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

It's

www.irishanimals.ie

on their chat-board.

You might have to regsiter to view all the threads

thanks. i think one of the main problems with all of this is that the general public out there don't realise this has happened yet because it's been done so quickly and so discreetly. do you realise that your interview might be the start of the publicising of all this...!! brilliant!

thanks. i think one of the main problems with all of this is that the general public out there don't realise this has happened yet because it's been done so quickly and so discreetly. do you realise that your interview might be the start of the publicising of all this...!! brilliant!

I'm thinking they should talk to someone who runs a rescue place or something though. I'm just a dog owner, not an expert. I suppose they're trying to get the day to day angle though.

I dunno, I feel sick thinking about tomorrow :eek:

Nope, I've not, but my Dad was bit last year by an Alsatian that was roaming free round the grounds of a family run B+B. Either way I'm still not playing the percentage games with my/my childs/anyones safety so some people can have a (IMHO) pretend relationship with a wild animal.

Last year in Iveagh park some dog ran up towards and the old women who owned it sitting on the bench shouted over "I'd watch youself if I was you" I grabbed my kid and sure enough the dog stood it's ground five foot away and started barking at us, like BARKING at us, the old women chuckled and said "oh she'd go for her you know"

This to me is insane, this old bat knew she had an angry and uncontrolable animal out in a public area, and (and this is what gets me most) the onus is on me to get my daughter out of its way? I still can't comprehend why it's okay for me to have the shit scared out of me like that in a public park. It's completely unfair.

I know lots of people have good relationships with their animals and look after them and control them properly, but the law has to be toughned if only for the few idiots who can't, the human cost is just to high otherwise. As far as I'm concerned if your dog is charging around a busy park and you're thirty foot away, the leash in your hand is useless, you have no control over the beast and you are not taking proper responsibilty for your animal, and I think you should be taken to task about that.

Man I haven't got time to read this whole thread but it's pretty clear you're phobic and are gonna pass that anxiety onto your children. There are plenty of things in the big bad world you can't control.

Man I haven't got time to read this whole thread but it's pretty clear you're phobic and are gonna pass that anxiety onto your children. There are plenty of things in the big bad world you can't control.

I agree, Mr. Trousers. Don't be making your kids scared of stuff they don't have to be scared about.

Very simple rules with dogs.

dog wagging tail =good dog .

dog growling = bad dog.

Very simple rules with cars.

Fiat Uno at 20mph in Council estate = good driver.

Fiat Punto with blue lights underneath at 60mph in Council esate = bad driver.

1.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6291130.stm

Don't be making your kids scared of stuff they don't have to be scared about.

When I lived in town the little girl upstairs was obsessed with my girlfriends dog. Her first word was "doggy" and every time she saw my girlfriend she'd get all excited, going "doggy doggy doggy". Even a phot of my girlfriend would set her off. The dog used to look in the skylight as her as she slept and she loved it.

Thing was her mother didn't feel the same way and made it pretty obvious she had a thing against dogs. A few months of this reaction from the mother and the little girl began to be afraid of the dog, even lashing out and kicking at it when he went near her. So now she is as neurotic about them as her mother.

Sad really.

I can't even begin to wonder how they will enforce this ridiculous new bullshit. They can't even enforce basic traffic laws -- how are they going to round up dogs? They can't enforce people picking up their dogshite, either. And how will they know what's a crossbreed and what's not? And what if you've got, like a mongrel dog that's the offspring of a half-breed, meaning it's one-third 'dangerous breed'?

I can't even begin to wonder how they will enforce this ridiculous new bullshit. They can't even enforce basic traffic laws -- how are they going to round up dogs? They can't enforce people picking up their dogshite, either. And how will they know what's a crossbreed and what's not? And what if you've got, like a mongrel dog that's the offspring of a half-breed, meaning it's one-third 'dangerous breed'?

A quarter dangerous, even.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back