HELP THE DOGS!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Diddles

Lads, this is a load of bollix. Dogs will be taken off people and put down for no good reason.

If any of you live in the Dublin city area please spare a few minutes to email your local councillor and protest this fucking stupid decision.

For diddles and the dogs of dublin. :heart:

Eleven breeds of dog, including Rottweilers, Bull Terriers and German Shepherds have been banned from all Dublin City Council properties, including houses, flats and estates, with immediate effect.
The council has said it will give tenants an opportunity to rehouse the animals but if alternative suitable accommodation cannot be found for them they will be destroyed.
The council has taken the step to remove all "dangerous breeds" due to the increasing numbers of complaints from tenants and because of the legal implications associated with an attack taking place on one of its properties. The ban initially applies to council housing and all public areas within council estates.
However, the council plans to amend its bylaws to include public parks in the ban. This would mean that anyone owning a dangerous dog could not walk it in a public park, even if they lived in private housing.
The council has also written to the Minister for the Environment asking him to ban all breeds of fighting dogs nationally. The 11 breeds are not banned for general ownership in Ireland but must be muzzled, kept on a special leash and be under the control of a person over 16 years old.
The breeds are: English Bull Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American Pit Bull Terrier, Rottweiler, German Shepherd (Alsatian), Doberman, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Japanese Akita, Bull Mastiff, Japanese Tosa and Bandog. Cross-breeds of these dogs or crosses of these dogs with any other breed are also banned.
Executive manager of the council's housing department Michael O'Neill said tenants would be asked to remove any banned dogs but if they failed to comply the council would take them away. "Our information on these dogs is that that they can be very aggressive and while they might be family pets, that has to come secondary and would be no defence to us if a child or other vulnerable person was attacked on our property."
Labour councillor Kevin Humphreys said he understood council tenants may feel discriminated against, but he hoped that this was just the first step to banning these breeds nationally.

"Our information on these dogs is that that they can be very aggressive and while they might be family pets, that has to come secondary and would be no defence to us if a child or other vulnerable person was attacked on our property."
Anyone who anything about a dog knows that this is total bullshit.
Yeah these dogs are pricks by nature but it's down to the owner to train the dog, and thats not a hard thing to do if you who give a shit about your animal.

Destroy stupid dog owners, not their dogs!!

when I hear 'destroyed' I think that the method of killing will be over the top, like putting a grenade in the animal's mouth.

that would be so cool! just think of the youtube potential.

a dog fetching a 'ball' from the sea, yesterday:

mine-explosion.gif

As HMD pointed out, this is like banning everyone from driving on the road because some people drive when they're pissed. He also pointed out that they do fuck all to enforce the current dog laws, so the likelihood of them enforcing this successfully is zero.

I'd knife someone if they tried to take either of the dogs off me.

Crossbreeds are banned too so Halo is no longer a Staffrador! She a half lab, half pig now instead.

It's all mad. I'd be more worried about Bouli biting someone than Halo but he's a collie type so he's 'safe'.

"The council has said it will give tenants an opportunity to rehouse the animals but if alternative suitable accommodation cannot be found for them they will be destroyed."

seriously- people are not going to just accept this

I don't live in a council house but theres no fucking way I'd let someone come along to take my dog away for extermination.

so as of yesterday i can't take the dogs to the Phoenix Park or Donadea Forest?

cunts

A friend of mine has 2 english bull terriers and both are as placid as a medicated pensioner but my mams 13 year old yorkshire terrier is a vicious thing with a penchant for attacking small kids. Stupid fucking law

a knee jerk ingnorant over-reaction

all dogs are potentially dangerous- maybe he should call for the complete extermination of dogs in Ireland..just to be safe

Imagine if all the "dangerous dog" owners got together to march, with their dogs, down O Connell Street

imagine....

this is the most ridiculous thing ever..there's this horrible boxer that lives on our road who's bitten our dog and a little kid and whose owners cant control him..but he gets to stay where he is and some placid as ya like dog has to be destroyed because his family live in a council house...fucking ridiculous..

"The council has said it will give tenants an opportunity to rehouse the animals but if alternative suitable accommodation cannot be found for them they will be destroyed."

seriously- people are not going to just accept this

I don't live in a council house but theres no fucking way I'd let someone come along to take my dog away for extermination.

Would you set the dog on him?

so as of yesterday i can't take the dogs to the Phoenix Park or Donadea Forest?

Despite the influx of jackeens to the area Donadea is still in Kildare. Also I'm quite sure that it's under the control of Coillte rather than the county council.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back