Running? (4 Viewers)

I pretty much have to have music on as I run, generally quite upbeat stuff though Sparklehorse has proved to be quite good for it. Sometimes I listen to podcasts as well but they'rea bit too slow paced.

Possibly my favourite band/ musician, but I wouldn't have put them down as a running soundtrack. Definitely a walking one though. The sister also reckons that repetition is essential. When she is just jogging, she listens to something less intense, like this..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't go running, its for masochists only. In the gym I'm inclined to get bored out of my tree very quickly unless I have some good music. What kind of music it is matters less than it being an album that I will want to listen to all the way through, that way I'm less inclined to give up and go home because I'll miss the rest of the album.

I'd end up running to something like Beyonce. I bet Hip-hop would work pretty well if it was grimy enough.

I havent tried tunes whilst running..I like to hear the sounds of the environment.

I may however give it a bash tonight.Gonna take a handy jog down to Clontarf and back in a while.

My fecking shoes are still as shit as they were last week.If not shitter.I never got out to Bray for new ones in the end...really have to rectify this situation.

Ahh...I wouldnt wanna be tapping yer collection man.Its a very generous offer and I sure do appteciate it..but those clearance line shoes out in Bray seem like good value.Its one item I've clothing..after superhero jocks,that I dont mind feeling a bit of hardship for.

I've done 3 marathons in Nike Waffle Iron runners that cost 55 europes in Schuh or one of those shops, Gaz, they're the original 70s revolutionary design (or somesuch) and I swear by them. Getting my newest pair this week in prep for the DCM 2011

124023294037485310nikesneakwhta.jpg .

WAY cooler looking than a poxy pair of Asics.

ahh fuck..they are DEADLY!Right up my street..55 bills...thats perfect.3 marathons CB?Now THAT is a ringing endorsement

Imma buy them this morning.Wear them for the big show Saturday too!Aww yeah!!

I wasnt mad happy bringing the fake asics onto the big stage...need to feel confident from the feet up.

edit.....yer latest avatar inspires a hella lorra confidence too!

When I first started going to the gym I'd bring music or a podcast but found the headphones and the wire to be way too distracting/annoying. Luckily the gym doesn't BLAST pop music, sure it's pop music but at am ok volume and they're pretty decent about turning it down if you ask them.

Although when I was listening to music I found Death Magnetic to be a great help!

Ahh...I wouldnt wanna be tapping yer collection man.Its a very generous offer and I sure do appteciate it..but those clearance line shoes out in Bray seem like good value.Its one item I've clothing..after superhero jocks,that I dont mind feeling a bit of hardship for.

Ah I got five pairs of the same model,2 in the same colour so its not like I'll be losing out.

I've done 3 marathons in Nike Waffle Iron runners that cost 55 europes in Schuh or one of those shops, Gaz, they're the original 70s revolutionary design (or somesuch) and I swear by them. Getting my newest pair this week in prep for the DCM 2011

View attachment 7175.

WAY cooler looking than a poxy pair of Asics.

Nike elite I'm pretty sure they are,great trainer,they won't let you down.

Well,I ended up in Lifestyle sports in Northside SC this morning...just mooching around..well I had been running and I was going by..anyway long story short- shit runners out..half price Nikes in! And the difference is UNREAL!I ran and extra 30mins after putting them on!That was my longest run yet..I havent worked it out but it was well over 5 k no probs.Fair bit of walking ,y'know yerself..but not that much..AND I had the tunes on...Dear Catastrophe Waitress...it rocked.Fairly chuffed now!

So,went out today with the earphones on again.Why the fuck have I not being doing this the whole time?
I ran/walked excerised generally for 3 Joni Mitchell lps.Fantastic!

Its WAYY better craic!

I actually want to go out again now.l

Just bought a pair of Adidas Duramos as a birthday present to myself..clearance in Lifestyle....DEADLY!

St.Annes Park here I come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back