Running? (17 Viewers)

Oh hai!

Really good actually. I found the first half pretty easy, the last 5 miles were tough but I didn't hit the wall which was my biggest worry.
Did it in 3:38 which is kind of where I hoped to finish. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys running. The atmosphere was amazing and the encouragement you get along the way is great.
My legs are only just over it, I had two big blisters on my toes and a double case of jogger's nipple. Well worth it!

Excellent time, congrats! And +1 on the comments about the atmosphere etc. I watched it on the telly and I was gutted not to be running this year.
I hope you'll be back to go sub 3:15 next year...

Oh yeah. I'll be aiming for sub 3:30 on my next one at the very least. I probably could have done last week in 3:30 but didn't want to chance my luck. Not knowing how you'll feel in the last stretch is a big doubt, especially on the first attempt.

Thinking about Berlin, SF or Barcelona next year. And this eventually!

Talk to me about Running Watches. What's good, bad, links etc.

Thats like something someone off the telly would say.Nice!

I need to get back in the game bigtime.Done nothing this week.Tomorrow ,game on.

Those Garmin GPS watches seem to be the best. I think they start at around €150ish.

I use Endomondo on my phone and it is great. You get 1km split times through your earphones plus expected finish time, calories burned, speed etc whenever you want. You can even check your progress on google maps afterwards and it'll let you see what songs get you running at the fastest pace. I can honestly say I am a better runner because of it.

If you don't mind using your phone then running apps seem to offer a lot more, PLUS they are usually free.

Garmin forerunner is the one I've heard is best. Every now and then you'll get good deals on older models. Keep an eye on Wheelworx/runworx they sometimes clear out old stock and do big discounts on them..

I haven't been running for a few weeks now, was getting really bad medial shin splints and my calves felt like they were about to explode. So going to physio. S/o bloody fed up though. Knowing my luck it'll start snowing by the time I get the all clear to start training again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back