Running? (13 Viewers)

I havent been out running since last Monday.I was too busy emigrating.But today I resume.New route.
Havent seen anyone else out running in my new town yet.Imma be sticking out like a sore thumb innit.

hahah!Pete cracks a funny!A red letter day NON?Edit..anyhoo...looking forward to a teatime excursion..will report back with how lame I've become in a week.

I don't run, but walk real fast every day and occasionally break into a trot when going up steps or down hills. I am in desperate need of new runners so thought I'd ask around these parts. Is it Asics Gel FTW?

See my post on a previous recent page
Nike Waffles. €55 in Schuh or whatever those regular shoe shops are called. Office. Is that it?
3 marathons. Two thumbs up from me.

I've been unwell for about 3 weeks and haven't run in that time. On top of being sick this makes me feel really shit. At least whatever I have that's wrong with me is making me eat one meal fewer a day.

Yeah, I hear yah. I had shingles and have a recurring strain on one of my legs, I'd be well sorted for the run if it wasn't for that.

I've been missing a lot of exercises last couple of weeks since moving house.Had a decent enough run today.Was a fair bit of walking involved mind you.

Gonna try get back into my routine now though.Every second day ftw.

ugh. since ive stopped playing football weekly and not doing much other exercise ive put on a stone in the last few months. i need to lose at least this. what are decent running shoes considering im broke?

Anyone else here planning on running the marathon on Monday?

I'm gonna give it my best shot but have no idea how I'll get on.

First year I'm not entered in 5 years. I feel like crying.
Anyway, you'll love it, it's fucking great craic and you'll feel like the King of the World when you cross the finish line.
My only advice is: don't stop, even if you feel completely fucked. Getting going again will be worse pain. And, stretch properly beforehand. Run a mile even first. Get in there in plenty of time and do it. Otherwise you'll likely get injured along the way. Running the last 15 miles while slowly tearing your groin asunder is not much fun, as I learned a few years ago.
Good luck!

Don't think I'd manage a marathon.

Did a duathlon recently and the distances there were enough for me. Great buzz to finish something like that though. Any kind of endurance event is so much about mental strength as much as fitness.

Good luck in the marathon! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back