Your work situation (9 Viewers)

This is pretty much how I describe work when people say but you have a cool job that you enjoy. Yeah but it's still work that has to be done or I'd be hungry and homeless.

I have my work email in my regular email app but don’t click into it when I’m not in work. My boss has a notification every time he gets an email, I couldn’t live with the stress.

Thanks. I have created a spreadsheet to catalogue my stuff. I'd need AnnPost to set it up properly though.
It's mainly for my girlfriend so if I die suddenly she will understand my shed is full of valuable stuff and she won't throw everything in a skip. Although by that point I'll be past caring.

If I was doing it I'd probably do a crappy one first and see what attributes the things have - year, country, significance, photos, notes... and what not and then make a form with all those things on it that feeds the spreadsheet

Sounds perfect! I don't even have Office so I used some 3rd party thing. I list he thing (e.g. book), date of publication, distinguishing features (e.g. signed, original slipcase..), current price on ebay/amazon etc

It's pretty crap really

I have my work email in my regular email app but don’t click into it when I’m not in work. My boss has a notification every time he gets an email, I couldn’t live with the stress.

I'm a sucker for checking my work emails outside of work.
part of it comes from working with yanks who are starting work as I'm finishing up most days.

I detest work having gyms and shit like that for the record.
It's a free gym!
That's also empty at the weekends :)

Honestly my gas bill has gone through the floor since I basically only shower at work
Never buy shower gel or shampoo or conditioner anymore
They have razors in there too

And I can fuck off down there at a random time during the day INSTEAD of working.

All upside, baby!

It's a free gym!
That's also empty at the weekends :)

Honestly my gas bill has gone through the floor since I basically only shower at work
Never buy shower gel or shampoo or conditioner anymore
They have razors in there too

And I can fuck off down there at a random time during the day INSTEAD of working.

All upside, baby!

Your work has encapsulated two things that you would normally do independently. These things are sold as advantages but essentially are a not even remotely subtle way of saying we own you outside your working hours.
It is not free, the company pays for it with money that they do not pay to you, or someone you work alongside.

Your work has encapsulated two things that you would normally do independently. These things are sold as advantages but essentially are a not even remotely subtle way of saying we own you outside your working hours.
It is not free, the company pays for it with money that they do not pay to you, or someone you work alongside.
well, I'm not gonna argue too much about this, cos I respect your opinion on stuff

but we're very competitively paid here compared to the industry at large , and I'm saving, what? 60-odd quid a month on having a private gym membership that would make it far harder to bunk out of work during the day.

This isn't everyone's experience, but this facility is like having a private gym at the weekends - I'm the only one who lives close by.

Anyways, just my experience.

Back to work tomorrow after nearly five weeks off. Can cross post this with minor and major complaints too. Full time on the pedals now which is a pleasure.

I use flats with a strap on my right foot as I only brake with that foot. No need for pulling outside braking with a fixie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back