Your work situation (8 Viewers)

Delighted for you that you've built things up to the stage where you're able to do that.

Fair play, well done dude.

Thanks dude. I probably could have done it start of the year or late last year but decided to use the break/trip to mark it properly.

Applied for a new role in the company that would have involved world travel and a change in responsibilities. Didnt get it.

Feeling a bit deflated and unmotivated now.

Applied for a new role in the company that would have involved world travel and a change in responsibilities. Didnt get it.

Sorry, man

I usually work-to-rule when I have a disappointment
Eventually I start counting my blessings and feel okay about things again

Not sure this is of any help at all. Good luck.

did they tell you why you weren't getting it?

in my experience of these things its less about you and more about the fact they already had someone earmarked for the job.

This is the worst career advice I've ever heard. In my experience it absolutely is NOT the little things that get you promoted - it's a) bosses thinking that you know your shit and b) being in the right place at the right time. This sort of lickarse-y nonsense is just begging your bosses to exploit you

An English colleague who lives in Central America just asked why I was at work and didn't we have a bank holiday today for the coronation

Just 2 of us in the office today and the 30 year old is playing the music of his youth, nu metal.
I'm realizing I quiet like a lot of it. Some good stuff.

Had a shite week at work so doing fuck all today. The only challenge is making up something plausible to put on the timesheet

"admin" is going to feature heavily

An English colleague said "Londonderry" and "Southern Ireland" in one sentence. I corrected her on "The Republic of Ireland" but left Londerry hanging as didn't want to come across as an IRA man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back