Your work situation (5 Viewers)

I work from home. I like working from home. I like the isolation. Now my colleagues are freaking out because they have to work from home and want to have online work breaks because the isolation is doing their heads in.

They are very nice people, but they fuck right off with that shit.

hahahahaha. sickener for you.

holy fuck, imagine that. they could complain about the young uns looking at their phone during tea instead of talking about baking...again.

I work from home. I like working from home. I like the isolation. Now my colleagues are freaking out because they have to work from home and want to have online work breaks because the isolation is doing their heads in.

They are very nice people, but they fuck right off with that shit.
A shout out from the manager for a show of hands for who among us requires webcams.
My hands were not shown.

We were just using zoom with one other person. Kept freezing and clipping. They did say there internet wasnt great anyway as they were out in the country.

I had never heard of Zoom until this week despite doing telecons every week (and every company seems to use a different system). We've been using Google Hangouts for our own stuff and it was fairly stable. I've been playing D&D with friends online (we would normally meet in real life) on discord and that works great too. Not sure if it does video conferencing though.

There's a person in my building who makes noises. Like, initially I thought they were really really really crying. Doing that wailing world falling down, maybe I should knock on the door to ask if everything is ok one. But I don't think they were now, they have a range of noises that they make. It's mainly shouts? but every sound will be repeated about 20-30 times. Then there's a prolonged howl again, and back into the repetitive thing.

I'd probably be more annoyed about it if it wasn't so confusing. This has been going on for days like, I was up at 3am working and they were howling away. I'm back up at 9 this morning, and they are too. Once in a while I like to imagine I hear a "shut uuuup", which is normally followed by a higher pitched, more prolonged noise.

I'm guessing there has to be some sort of mental illness deal going on here? God bless the person who has to live with them, because... I don't think I could.

There's a person in my building who makes noises. Like, initially I thought they were really really really crying. Doing that wailing world falling down, maybe I should knock on the door to ask if everything is ok one. But I don't think they were now, they have a range of noises that they make. It's mainly shouts? but every sound will be repeated about 20-30 times. Then there's a prolonged howl again, and back into the repetitive thing.

I'd probably be more annoyed about it if it wasn't so confusing. This has been going on for days like, I was up at 3am working and they were howling away. I'm back up at 9 this morning, and they are too. Once in a while I like to imagine I hear a "shut uuuup", which is normally followed by a higher pitched, more prolonged noise.

I'm guessing there has to be some sort of mental illness deal going on here? God bless the person who has to live with them, because... I don't think I could.
Do you work in an insane asylum?

There was an actual robot, with an actual TV face that could look at you and say things, rolling around in my real work.

So compared to that, someone doing a bit of obsessive compulsive type wailing feels relatively safe and comforting.
Any chance of a photo of this? it sounds amazing/terrifying/fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back