Your work situation (6 Viewers)

All but one person working from home until further notice. I go back to work on Thursday, but will still be at home. We had a major IT upgrade/migration before Christmas, everyone's desktops replaced with laptops and docking stations and all systems migrated to the cloud... so we're set up for this. Access to the phone system through a mobile app.
We had a major IT overhaul last year. We migrated lots of services offf site and upgraded all hardware. People have been moaning ever since because we upgraded our network security big style. But our remote access is now a million times better than it was so people can just open their laptops, and boom, everything is there. Compared to opening a firewall portal, then a remote desktop window and then logging on to a shitty terminal server that had Microsoft office 2000 on it.

MAYBE THEY WILL BE HAPPY NOW.

We had a major IT overhaul last year. We migrated lots of services offf site and upgraded all hardware. People have been moaning ever since because we upgraded our network security big style. But our remote access is now a million times better than it was so people can just open their laptops, and boom, everything is there. Compared to opening a firewall portal, then a remote desktop window and then logging on to a shitty terminal server that had Microsoft office 2000 on it.

MAYBE THEY WILL BE HAPPY NOW.

Magic_8_ball_-_MY_SOURCES_SAY_NO_%2814105579743%29.jpg

I’m talking calls at home because of the gobshite that came in to work yesterday after being on the piss.
Internet here has max download speed of 1.5mbps and everything keeps crashing.
I never thought I’d miss the office, but here we are!

Because my missus is working from home she had a load of confidential papers to get rid of so I burned them in an old barrel I have. But the smoke has permeated into my shed/office. Hopefully my stuff isn't ruined. A large collection of valuable comics and vintage clothes might just be fucked.

Because my missus is working from home she had a load of confidential papers to get rid of so I burned them in an old barrel I have. But the smoke has permeated into my shed/office. Hopefully my stuff isn't ruined. A large collection of valuable comics and vintage clothes might just be fucked.
How do you control moisture and temps in there usually?

Classic stax 3 cd compilation playing in the background. This crisis has opened up a work-from-home can of worms that is going to be difficult to put the genie back in the bottle going forward when I can touch base over skype.

How do you control moisture and temps in there usually?
It's insulated and I have a super ser and an electric heater. I recently got a dehumidifier too. I've considered getting a timer for the electric heater but being the buffoon that I am when it comes to tech it's never happened.

Big rush in to get this site finished for Monday morning and there’s so many trades here pulling loads of shifts that everybody is on top of each other.
2m distancing is impossible. This site is one big C19 superspreader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back