Your work situation (5 Viewers)

One time my girlfriend was working as a care assistant in a hospital and she was left alone on a ward one night. She heard a voice coming from somewhere saying "hello? hello?" Then the "robot" moved. They have a remotely operated robot with an audio visual interface, so you can see on a screen the person operating it. Pure futuristic stuff. Except in the future I would hope trained medical professionals would not walk off leaving untrained people in these situations. The robot guy was not happy.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The first night we met together (my mate runs it and I knew no one else when I started), one of the guys had a nosebleed seconds after coming in the door. All I could think of was this:
A560D49D-9D38-41A7-B03B-9EE6CCDBCD48.jpeg

Massive unemployment and another recession predicted. I was laid off in the downturn of 2008. At my age, if I get the heave this time it's unlikely I'll ever get another job, not in my current field anyway, and I can't do anything else. Work is reassuring us that everything is ok for now,but I'm not convinced.

We're being reassured as well but I'm not convinced. Work has literally dried to a trickle. I'd probably take some kind of pay cut if it came to that. Then I'll set up my Only Fans

We're doing alright in here, it's a cybersecurity company and our VPNs which were basically an afterthought product up to now are suddenly keeping the whole thing afloat.

I always had it in my head you worked for paypal. Maybe I've been imagining you wrong all along
Ah I did for years, quit back in 2016. Hoping to quit this one soon enough as well, although lucky to have a job right now for sure.

I work in Aviation Regulation, so we're swamped dealing with queries, advising and talking people of ledges, and it's only going to get worse as the formal complaints flood in in the coming months. Other sections within the organisation also facing a very busy year or two as all this washes through, and that's if travel restrictions lift in coming months.

My sister in law is a pipe welder in Northern Ireland and although her company wants to close they have had legal advice to say that if they stop work now and leave the construction sites in the lurch they could be sued six ways from Sunday fro multiple breaches of contract. They are in a bind. But they told the staff that if they feel they can't come into work they can leave and there will be a job for them when this is all over. Hopefully they will keep their word. I expect the construction sites will need to be closed soon anyway.

My sister in law is a pipe welder in Northern Ireland and although her company wants to close they have had legal advice to say that if they stop work now and leave the construction sites in the lurch they could be sued six ways from Sunday fro multiple breaches of contract. They are in a bind. But they told the staff that if they feel they can't come into work they can leave and there will be a job for them when this is all over. Hopefully they will keep their word. I expect the construction sites will need to be closed soon anyway.

it’s going to happen here.
If you cannot get staff to do work because they are sick or there is no PPE or impossible to practice social distancing all because there is a fucking pandemic, there is no way a jury/court will go with the prosecution.
Not a chance

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back