Your work situation (8 Viewers)

a palpable absence. i was passing the day they gutted your shop - sad times. fcc just announced a new cultural plan for the castle which'll see the castle opened up and new buildings within town park, by the health centre. about bloody time - swords must be one of the biggest towns in ireland without a dedicated municipal arts/gallery/exhibition(/possibly library, but jc's just went in for planning for a new library/plaza in their car park) space.

Jesus, it's all go. The Castle not being open has been a local embarrassment. It was open in 2006ish I think, and there was a historian on site who gave me a little tour, information but they've been planning to properly open it up since the 1970s. I really hope they get their shit together soon.

I only figured out last week that the branch in Blanchardstown village is actually closed down :(

I work 9-5.30, Monday to Friday in an office. Often though I work insane hours, and sometimes weekends, and get not a cent/hour back. I hate everything that ever happened to anyone but honestly, I've yet to figure out what I want to do with myself. Its worrying, I'm getting old and jaded

Jesus, it's all go. The Castle not being open has been a local embarrassment. It was open in 2006ish I think, and there was a historian on site who gave me a little tour, information but they've been planning to properly open it up since the 1970s. I really hope they get their shit together soon.
think the entrance arch has been deemed unsafe, so that'll be first to fix. talking about €3m over three years - it's a start.

2sab776.jpg

New Masterplan For Cultural Centre Of Swords Underway

on topic - i spent this morning avoiding work so i could follow the cricket on the irish times live blog, now i'll be working until late tonight. totally worth it.

The old premises of our shop backed onto the castle. It was groovy hanging out in there before they refurbished it. It is, of course, a lot safer now (Part of one of the walls collapsed one night very near our shop) and I look forward to the point where it is open to the general public again.

I work 9-5.30, Monday to Friday in an office. Often though I work insane hours, and sometimes weekends, and get not a cent/hour back. I hate everything that ever happened to anyone but honestly, I've yet to figure out what I want to do with myself. Its worrying, I'm getting old and jaded

Don't worry, one day you'll just give up.

:)

I currently have 4 jobs: 1 for 2 hours a week (that actually takes 6-7 hours a week, but the pay covers it really), 1 for 6 hours a week, and 2 that might have 0 hours a week or might have like 20 hours a week each.
Last week I did 5 jobs, if I count the 2-hour walking tour of Dublin I got paid for.
It's maybe a bit much at times, as I'm also meant to be doing a phd...

I currently have 4 jobs: 1 for 2 hours a week (that actually takes 6-7 hours a week, but the pay covers it really), 1 for 6 hours a week, and 2 that might have 0 hours a week or might have like 20 hours a week each.
Last week I did 5 jobs, if I count the 2-hour walking tour of Dublin I got paid for.
It's maybe a bit much at times, as I'm also meant to be doing a phd...
What's it like giving the walking tours?

A childhood hero of mine died this week at the age of 74.

It made me realise I have only 20 years left on this planet, if I'm lucky.

Why should I waste any of this time doing this job?

Answers please.

There is probably a more suitable forum for that.

Maybe I should start a new one "Your imminent death..discuss"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back