Your work situation (3 Viewers)

did i mention (i know i didn't) that the very first question was 'what's the difference between acronym X and acronym Y?'
acronym X and acronym Y are in the fucking job title.
'hello and welcome to the job interview for chief chemical engineer for shell. can you tell me what the difference between petrol and diesel is?'

Wow. Its like they spent the morning googling the job spec and still came up with the shittest questions

did i mention (i know i didn't) that the very first question was 'what's the difference between acronym X and acronym Y?'
acronym X and acronym Y are in the fucking job title.
'hello and welcome to the job interview for chief chemical engineer for shell. can you tell me what the difference between petrol and diesel is?'
I’m so sorry. I did the same thing during my first interview after 17 years. I just blanked.

It's considered bad manners in certain contexts where I work, to poach staff. Happened recently where one part of the organisation arranged for visas, education, etc., for a lad, and the instant the ink was dry on those, another part of the organisation poached him.

I've recently had an all around unpleasant experience with a staff member of mine being poached or half poached. Massive discontent and miscommunication and distrust, all while trying to keep the job being done and all who report to me happy. I'm a bit exhausted with it all.

Colleagues emailing me after 10pm. I'm not complaining about them, it shows their dedication, but it's insane. There is a massive contingency element to our roles but they're being run ragged by the demands of their roles.

I don't know how yous don't go mad working in the same office day in day out.
Having done the driving around and different locations game, having just one place to go and not driving for half the day is way more appealing to me. Helps that I have my own office now and the place we’re in is very nice.

Having done the driving around and different locations game, having just one place to go and not driving for half the day is way more appealing to me. Helps that I have my own office now and the place we’re in is very nice.

The amount of driving I do currently is crazy but it’s still preferable to sitting in an office all day. I miss being on the install team where’d you be in one place for a week at a time. Perfect amount of time

I used to work for the company that had the Dell field service contract. Grand while it lasted. Once had to drive from Dublin to Ranafast in Donegal to replace a cable (the two lads who covered that part of the world were not available); got there to find they'd sent the wrong cable with me. Had to drive back up the next day for a job that took less than two minutes.

I used to work for the company that had the Dell field service contract. Grand while it lasted. Once had to drive from Dublin to Ranafast in Donegal to replace a cable (the two lads who covered that part of the world were not available); got there to find they'd sent the wrong cable with me. Had to drive back up the next day for a job that took less than two minutes.

Oh I can hard relate

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back