Your work situation (5 Viewers)

Right so, I checked the Oxford Dictionary of English and yeah, ‘learnings’ is an actual word. Sorry, Pete. I wish it wasn’t. Or weren’t. But it is. However, I still hold that it’s unnecessary when we already have ‘lessons’.
Those pricks let any bullshit in based on usage. Doesn't make it correct.

Despite being more popular than “lessons” in the corporate setting, “learnings” is still incorrect. It’s an erroneous plural form of the colloquial term “learning.”

Lexico mislabels “mass usage,” which explains why “learnings” might sound wrong. Some accept the word as a plural-form mass usage instead of a mass noun. That means you can say “learnings from the project” but not “top ten learnings from the project.”

What is the Difference Between Learnings and Lessons?​

The main difference between “learnings” and “lessons” is that “lessons” is more accurate. “Learnings” might be popular in constructions like “apply these learnings” or “top learnings,” but major dictionaries don’t recognize it.

Last edited:
It was about a funeral home, of course people died every week.

America is not the sun in our Copernican model of the universe.

It was always a great series. Last episode is the best TV ever. Such an incredible payoff. I want to watch it all again now.
I hated everyone in it and hated the writers for ruining something I was really enjoying . No idea how it ended because I hated it so much. This is reminding me of how I hate when things I love turn bad. I hate this.

Today's s word is hate.

I wish I was a dossing public servant.

I would definitely be writing a novel

Instead I have to break my bollocks working and can only squeeze out the occasional few verses of genius lyrics.

Screenshot_2024-04-09-13-31-39-863_com.android.chrome.jpg
None of these alternatives are better and they're not entirely synonymous. That cite is bullshit. You can't say a word that has existed for centuries and that has a slightly different meaning and connotations to the word lesson is an incorrect word. It's entirely appropriate in the context I used it. And why use two words when one existing word suffices.

QED etc.

I hated everyone in it and hated the writers for ruining something I was really enjoying . No idea how it ended because I hated it so much. This is reminding me of how I hate when things I love turn bad. I hate this.

Today's s word is hate.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's official, this place broke me. It only took two and a half months of being told more or less "hold the line" to realise do not try to be helpful or efficient. Just found out where one of my co-worker disappears to every afternoon for an hour or so.... a card game. No joke.

It's official, this place broke me. It only took two and a half months of being told more or less "hold the line" to realise do not try to be helpful or efficient. Just found out where one of my co-worker disappears to every afternoon for an hour or so.... a card game. No joke.
Join and take him to the cleaners.

Write a book
Better than that - write a short story
Win a prize
Change your life

The Irish thing to do is complain endlessly about it.
The American thing to do is to make something from the adversity.
You can do both.
Whinge AND win.
You can absolutely do this.

Last edited:

When my friend joined R*venu* in 2015, a manager came down to his desk and told him politely to slow things down a bit as he was showing up colleagues with his work rate. Then a while later, another officer came along trying to ascertain if it was true someone had been advising staff to slow down their work.

When my friend joined R*venu* in 2015, a manager came down to his desk and told him politely to slow things down a bit as he was showing up colleagues with his work rate. Then a while later, another officer came along trying to ascertain if it was true someone had been advising staff to slow down their work.
More than once I was out with people from Health

And they had open bragging sessions on the their dossing exploits
Like they had gamified/codified it
All trying to hit the sweet spot of maximum dossage/ minimum work
Anyone doing more than the absolute minimum was a sap

More than once I was out with people from Health

And they had open bragging sessions on the their dossing exploits
Like they had gamified/codified it
All trying to hit the sweet spot of maximum dossage/ minimum work
Anyone doing more than the absolute minimum was a sap

I have seldom directly experienced this. Most roles I've had have been slightly too much to be doing most of the time. It's sometimes insane how much you're expected to do with so little.

The technical part is not the bit I'd expect to stumble on because I know the topic well. It's the generic 'give us an example of when you've failed' stuff that will catch me out.
well, that was a disaster for reasons 180 degrees from what i expected. it was a technical quiz, not a job interview as you'd expect. not a single question about my career to date. questions about the differences between acronyms, that sort of thing.

Do you think it could have been a disaster for everyone else too? Maybe that's a good thing.

well, that was a disaster for reasons 180 degrees from what i expected. it was a technical quiz, not a job interview as you'd expect. not a single question about my career to date. questions about the differences between acronyms, that sort of thing.

Were they just trying to show you that they know what these acronyms are, as in, they had just googled it, and are watching you? Even though they're manager suit people. They're probably bullshitting.

I'm sure you did just fine.

Is this internal?

Is there someone you can reach out to and kind of make that case.
That kind of thing is generally respected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back