You know you're getting old.... (4 Viewers)

Not me but a mate told me this and it hit me.

He was on the bus with his country folk parents. All standing. As the bus was about to leave he said to them "now hold on, the bus is going to move".

Then he thought to himself: This is what they used to tell me when I was a child. Now I'm telling them. Fuck.

Not me but a mate told me this and it hit me.

He was on the bus with his country folk parents. All standing. As the bus was about to leave he said to them "now hold on, the bus is going to move".

Then he thought to himself: This is what they used to tell me when I was a child. Now I'm telling them. Fuck.
It all comes full circle, indeed

We also get our fearlessness and joy back as we get older - it is not all things getting taken from us

Went out in Belfast on Saturday, OUT out.

I haven't done much of that since the pandemic began and for the first time in my going out life I was acutely aware of how much older than most of people in any given place I was at I was.

One thing I noticed was the number of visibly trans young people that were out and about that evening was a lot higher then what I'd have ever seen in Dublin.

As I said I haven't been out late in years so I don't know if it's a sign of increased confidence and visibility or if it's just that in a smaller city there are fewer places to go, like when I was out in Galway in my 20's and would see more openly affectionate gay couples in places I went to there.

Loads of trans and all sorts of young couples running about Galway but it could be the cross section of places I go out playing a role.
There weren't any in the old man bar on saturday.

I'm so out of touch. I was surprised that Niall Horan had top billing at Electric Picnic. Now I see he has sold out three nights in the 3 Arena with an extra date added.
I had no idea he was popular

Went out in Belfast on Saturday, OUT out.

I haven't done much of that since the pandemic began and for the first time in my going out life I was acutely aware of how much older than most of people in any given place I was at I was.

the remaining few 'local' gigs I go to are pretty much still pulling form the same scene/scenes as the gigs I went to 15 years ago..

so you see the same heads as went back then.

and I think, god they are all looking older.

then I realise they are probably thinking the exact same things

what's it like? Not great. Not great.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When the last interview for a job was 17 years ago and you bomb it because so much has changed; or you overthink a simple question under pressure. So deflated, even though I wasn’t even sure I wanted it.
I’ll get you a cookie ❤️

When the last interview for a job was 17 years ago and you bomb it because so much has changed; or you overthink a simple question under pressure. So deflated, even though I wasn’t even sure I wanted it.
I've interviewed loads of people for jobs, and it really brings home to you how random the whole thing is. We've had interview rounds where there's handful of obviously good people and we could only pick one, and others where I really didn't want to hire any of them (but we did, and it turned out to be a bad idea). And others where I loved someone and everyone else who interviewed them hated them, or the other way around. Don't be discouraged, and remember that an interview is essentially a theatrical performance

i suspect you didn't do nearly as bad as you suspect - but if you're not happy with how you did, it's 'good' that you got the practice in on a job which your heart is not completely set on?

i suspect you didn't do nearly as bad as you suspect - but if you're not happy with how you did, it's 'good' that you got the practice in on a job which your heart is not completely set on?
Yeah, my plan was to look in the new year and take time off now. Then I saw this part-time job that could be stress free and fun so I thought I’d apply. It’s seriously a no brainer considering my CV but my mind went completely blank. It probably would cost more on train fare than it would pay but I just couldn’t believe how bad it was. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back