You know you're getting old.... (5 Viewers)

A paper or electronic subscription? I got the electronic one, i think its €10 for 3 months, basically free. I might have a flick through the reviews and add a few things on youtube music or bandcamp, I never read any features or interviews. If a review starts off with something like "The Whorfian hypothesis or linguistic relativity posits that languages can influence their speakers' thoughts and Weltanschauung" then I'm all, like, fuck off already

I was chatting to a very young friend, no interest either way, like actual people talking, who'd believe?! She manouvered me towards her mum. Her mum was much, much older than me. But she was lovely and we had a nice chat. She also had awesome little Chihuahua. That's not a euphemism, you filthy feckers.

Happens to us all at some stage. Finty McGinty, Mr Hardcore PONC RAAWK himself has gotten old.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You need a tractor.

It's the accoutrements you need to think about. Front forks? Round or spiked? Twin wheels? Speed holes?

kinda grew up around stuff like this and appreciate the aesthetics.

But mostly moving tons of stuff around, moving earth around and a few other things. Was up last year doing a fence for UTM for a week and 80% of the work time was manually moving stuff about. Defintely speed holes though.

1692133621620.png

I don't know what modern tractors are like, but they used to say The Massey is classy, but a Zetor is better.

My sister in law, a townie, came to the family gaff. And lil bro (who's an even more improbable farmer boy than I) hops in the tractor and starts working it. Round bales on both ends and shur you wouldn't be shtoppin it and the whole lot etc.
She just didn't know what to think, she had literally zero reference.

My dad's tractor is pretty awesome, that's my main point.

Fuck yiz all.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I did talk to mum today. Should probably talk to dad. But if I did that now he'd only call me a bollocks.

... when your child heads off to the Electric Picnic without you (she was there once before, as a babe-in-arms 18 years ago)
The shit I want to see is drifting down the lineup
Cool, I can leave earlier back to my imaginary tent in the quiet section
I guess I am getting old

1693568501133.png

Tell her not to miss Young Fathers

Like these young 'uns will listen

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back