You know you're getting old.... (4 Viewers)

Slim Jim Phantom played last week in Dublin. The Meteors tonight. There was a time I'd have had those on my calendar and been first in the queue.

Not anymore.

I've been trying to get as many gigs in as possible since things opened up again so at least one a week. Record so far has been 8 gigs in 10 days. I think I'm rather fond of live music.

I watched Death on the Nile (2004) on Saturday night without a beer. Having incidentally just finished the book.

Not a great version. But fine, fine. Attractive people poncing about.

I watched Death on the Nile (2004) on Saturday night without a beer. Having incidentally just finished the book.

Not a great version. But fine, fine. Attractive people poncing about.
I think any David Suchet version will always be better than the recent Branagh ones- although they are enjoyable

and the CGI in this one!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think any David Suchet version will always be better than the recent Branagh ones- although they are enjoyable

and the CGI in this one!

Oof. That first short is Sega CD worthy.

oh. might have to go to that

I saw Witness for the Prosecution there a few years ago and it was great

Pricey, like 37 quid.

I suppose it's comparable to decently popular band playing Vicar St or the Olympia.

Haven't been to the theatre for a non Am-Dram play in years though so I'm looking forward to it.

After a lifetime spent judiciously avoiding plumbing, I fixed the toilet today.

It's one of them electric pumping toilets, so electricity and raw sewage. Yay. Nothing went wrong as far as I can tell. Changed a pipe, wiggled it in through the boat, tightened things. It all sounds straight forward, but the cost of it going wrong is scary. That thing hasn't worked in years.

Btw, that means we now have three functional toilets, I wasn't living toiletlessly. Though some of my neighbours survive that way. Poop party at seanc's gaff!!

How to think about living more fully with our dwindling remaining years

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back