XBox 360 (2 Viewers)

Frame bending/ghosting/whatever in Halo Reach is appalling on my TV over HDMI. Slightly better over VGA. Still, enjoying the little bit I've played so far. What's the online like? Full of overly-aggressive assholes, or are they all sticking with MW2?

Online Firefight is a good laugh (tomorrow night again anyone?).

Apart from that I've only played a bit of free for all, and all its done is comfirm that I still suck at Halo MP.

Online Firefight is a good laugh (tomorrow night again anyone?).

Apart from that I've only played a bit of free for all, and all its done is comfirm that I still suck at Halo MP.

I will be on later.

Dont worry, I suck at the multiplayer as well. trying to do the Arena.......not going so well

F1 2010 has a ton of bugs. Everything from blantatly bad AI to incorrect penalty calls and a fair bit of slowdown. Most of these should be sorted with a patch - problems aside its arguably the greatest F1 game ever to appear on a console. Driving Spa in the rain is hugely enjoyable.

F1 2010 has a ton of bugs. Everything from blantatly bad AI to incorrect penalty calls and a fair bit of slowdown. Most of these should be sorted with a patch - problems aside its arguably the greatest F1 game ever to appear on a console. Driving Spa in the rain is hugely enjoyable.

I haven't noticed that many AI bugs but maybe it's because i'm playing online all the time. The most annoying bug is failing to connect to 'available' races. Apparently, Codemasters fucked up in that when you search for a custom GP it returns races that are in progress, so connection fails when you try to join.

Having said that, I think I am going to be addicted to this for months. The 19 tracks are gonna take a while to master but you can 'get to know' the car relatively quickly. Driving without traction control and ABS is quite difficult too, but i'd say you could be quicker without them after time. The one thing I don't like is the crash damage, you can drive into a tire wall at 170 mph and just bump off it.

The handling seems very forgiving at times. Driving in the wet is far too easy. During a full race it started raining and I stayed out on slicks. Not only did I not notice any handling difference but my laptimes remained similar.

The handling seems very forgiving at times. Driving in the wet is far too easy. During a full race it started raining and I stayed out on slicks. Not only did I not notice any handling difference but my laptimes remained similar.

That might because you're just ridiculously good?

That might because you're just ridiculously good?

ha not at all. Saw this over on codemasters forum.

BUGS & ERRORS OFFLINE

-Pitstop exiting hesitation (see targa thread for temporary solution) (ALL FORMATS)

-Race results not portraying actual results (ALL FORMATS)

-Tyre punctures occur far too frequent (ALL FORMATS)

-AI blue flag issue, they get disqualified (ALL FORMATS)

-AI Fuel: AI qualifying slower then race start (ALL FORMATS)

-AI ghosting cars (ALL FORMATS)

-AI erratic swerving (in race when heating tyres isnt necessary)(ALL FORMATS)

-AI drivers not pitting at all in a race. (ALL FORMATS)

-Sound delay on shifting (ALL FORMATS)

-Split timing would be Usefull on screen. (ALL FORMATS)

-Sector 3 times don't stay up, you can't ever see your sector 3 (ALL FORMATS)

-Slight lag on controls of car (ALL FORMATS)

-Camera bug in time trial when exiting and rentering session head/hands disaapears TBC (ALL FORMATS)

-Tyre availability bug in practice sessions, e.g., no Primes available in P2 image (ALL FORMATS)

-Cars not being serviced in the pits and just sitting there, causing user to reset race if teammate is stuck. TBC (ALL FORMATS)

-Pit limiter auto on regardless of setting. (ALL FORMATS)

-wet times too fast , almost identical to dry times !??! (ALL FORMATS)

- too much grip in the rain (ALL FORMATS)

- too much grip with Intermediate/full wets (ALL FORMATS)

- live timer doesn't show personal best sector times (ALL FORMATS)

- third soft/hard tyre set not available in qualifying (ALL FORMATS)

- penalties given to player when ai hit you and also far too sensitive in certain forced situations (ALL FORMATS)

-Freezing and locking up often (XBOX360)

-Sustaining damage has no effect on performance on user or AI cars (ALL FORMATS)

-Remove hidden anti spin mechanic car doesnt feel right (or give option on/off) (ALL FORMATS)

-IN/OUT laps not counted in lap count for sessions (ALL FORMATS)

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask techy questions about Xbox Live.

I'm asking this for a friend who is having a bit of a problem with his Live account.

It seems his account became corrupted (for some unknown reason). He had to delete his account/profile in order to start again. Now he can't remember hos password or secret question.

He has called the Indians about it but apparently he's not getting past the bit where he tells them that he doesn't remember the secret question.

Have any of you got any suggestions what to do here? All I can think of is to make sure that the online support can understand what the problem is.... help!

Fucking hell, did Codemasters just sack their testing team because of the recession and are now releasing games as soon as the developers say it's done???

It definitely seems that way. The whole game seems somewhat rushed. When you're waiting for a race to finish there's no option to watch the others racing, you just sit there for 2.30 mins looking at the leaderboard. They could have done much more. They are releasing a patch for some of the bugs but no word on when this will be.

I'm sure they were under serious pressure to get the game out before the season finishes and having to produce it for 3 platforms can't have helped things.

I've never seen a game with so many problems. Everything from freezing to AI cars disappearing and appearing out of thin air, save game corruption, some slowdown...and more that i've lost track of.

Its a terrible shame because the fundamentals of the game are fantastic.

I saw reports last night that this game has wiped all gamer profiles (including all games saves!!!) from some xbox HDDs.

If that happened to me I'd be mighty pissed off.

What's the story with refunds for games. One could argue that this game is not fit for purpose and ask for a full refund, is this possible with computer games? I'm getting really cheesed off with this game now, freezing on autosave, choppy frame rates, shitty online connecting.

I'm sure theres small print that protects developers/retailers from having to refund punters but thats just a guess.

The more I play it the more I enjoy whats good about it yet also discover new bugs that are just infuriating.

Codemasters are gonna have to come out with a mammoth patch for this and quickly. I'm sure they've already missed out on a lot of sales from the bad press already. I'm just not sure that they can fix everything - theres problems everywhere!

I'm sure theres small print that protects developers/retailers from having to refund punters but thats just a guess.

The more I play it the more I enjoy whats good about it yet also discover new bugs that are just infuriating.

Codemasters are gonna have to come out with a mammoth patch for this and quickly. I'm sure they've already missed out on a lot of sales from the bad press already. I'm just not sure that they can fix everything - theres problems everywhere!

I was tearing through Monte Carlo yesterday when I needed to pit. Seemed the pit crew were happy to fuel me up and change my tyres but nobody wanted to let me out of the pits. Spent 90 secs in there until I have to restart the machine. Very annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back