X-Music - new Irish music superstore & Thomann-esque website (3 Viewers)

wtf is going on!?
i went out there on the 25th and the 26th and there wasnt a sinner about. i really needed a plec.
get your act together lads!

but FYI pressing two for 'hi tech' was cutting me off straight away, got through to the 'guitars' chap was sympathectic but before I could ask him if he could source a price he patched me thru to 'hi tech'....

which cut me off straight away...

Phone problem sorted, cheers for letting me know.

Mick

fair play to tokey for addressing some concerns here. forums are not usually the place to do this. customer service in ireland is, more often then not, unbelievably shit so lets hope x-music set some sort of new standard. very encouraging.

now just hurry up and get the Blackstar HT-5 in!

Get more cool shit in ie: Orange, Ampeg, Hiwatt !!!

Went out to X-Music on 28th dec to buy a rack tuner.
They only had the korg dtr 2000 in stock so they gave
me it at the price of the korg dtr 1000 - 50e off. Deadly!

was out there the other week. very nice store, and great to see a shop that can finally compete with t'internet!

my only criticisms would be:

(1) Price Tags: So many things I went to look at didn't have price tags!! It can make for very frustrating browsing to be honest.

(2) Guitar Pedals: Is there a need to have them spread out all over the place? Would be cool if you could put together a "pedal corner" or something with headphones like the Boss Pedal setup thing you have. It's kinda awkward having them all seperated on different tables, and some even just sitting on the counter. There's loads of space in the lovely building you have so was pretty surprised to see all the pedals all seperated for each other.

(3) Mid-Priced Guitars: Maybe it was just because it was after Christmas, but there seemed to me to be a bit of a lack of mid-priced guitars, in the €150-350 range, that weren't Squires.

Actually, reading back over this it seems like I'm being very critical of the place which is not my intention at all!! It's great to finally see an Irish shop raise the bar in selling music equipment over here. I know most of my criticisms could be put down to teething difficulties or even the fact that it was just post-christmas.

Still, well done to all involved! I'm looking forward to when you guys have your website up and running :) Best of luck guys!

Its mad.

Everyone is chomping at the bit and gummin for the website for X Music.

Yet in previous threads people have boasted about visiting thomann's store in germany with responses along the lines of; "ah I wish I could do that, its nice to have a go offa something and see it in real life instead of blindly buying offa the innherneh."

I know yiz prolly want to see whats in stock before venturing out to the dreaded red cow roundabout... but... ah yiz know what I'm sayin

Its mad.

Everyone is chomping at the bit and gummin for the website for X Music.

Yet in previous threads people have boasted about visiting thomann's store in germany with responses along the lines of; "ah I wish I could do that, its nice to have a go offa something and see it in real life instead of blindly buying offa the innherneh."

I know yiz prolly want to see whats in stock before venturing out to the dreaded red cow roundabout... but... ah yiz know what I'm sayin

True Dat!

But I think it's the trek out to red cow that would put a lot of people off. This way we can have it both ways. The convienience of buying online, but with a place to actually go and talk to people if stuff goes wrong.

Actually I've heard a few people giving out about us being near the Red Cow roundabout.

Were actually easier to get to if you come off at the Ballymount exit.

We have little signs set up an all to direct people....

Also some of ya might be interested in this

index_02.jpg

Actually I've heard a few people giving out about us being near the Red Cow roundabout.

Were actually easier to get to if you come off at the Ballymount exit.

I'd have thought that coming from town the most hassle free way to get to you was to take the last left turn on the long mile road, before it merges with the Naas Road, onto Ballymount Lane.

I'd have thought that coming from town the most hassle free way to get to you was to take the last left turn on the long mile road, before it merges with the Naas Road, onto Ballymount Lane.

Ah yep dead right. It is if your coming from town, but the folks who were worried about the Red Cow roundabout "issues" would be mostly coming off the M50 - I would guess......

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back