X-Music - new Irish music superstore & Thomann-esque website (2 Viewers)

Unfortunately I signed up before reading the small print. People have to sign-up between 16th and 30th of May to qualify for the draw.

Nice! :mad:

Unfortunately I signed up before reading the small print. People have to sign-up between 16th and 30th of May to qualify for the draw.

Nice! :mad:

Ah no man. The promotions ie. the special offers are running form the 16th- 30th.

The competition is open to anyone who signs up to the website. If you signed up 6 months ago or anytime before the end of the month - you're entered.

So don't worry - your in the draw.

That's be terrible of us if we did that.........

You should do interest free hire purchase aswell man , c'mon

We'd love to. Something like that would be great.

Unfortunatly lending associations don't really like like giving credit to musicians.
Apparantly they think were all unreliable wasters :)

We are persuing it though. So hopefully.

Listen Tokey, my name is Red Dog , my misson is to break your balls.Why?...because im crusader for the little guy.So i'm gonna tell it like it is ok!

Xmusic is a nice shop and is the only place in Dublin where you can try out synths like the Access Virus Ti , DSI evolver etc.
I and everyone else already hate all the music shops in town.So basically you have no competition in Dublin from 'serious' musicians but should be fighting tooth and nail to take the amateur market away from places like Waltons, Tesco, Argos etc.I as synth addict can get the same synths for cheaper online (sometime by a few hundred) or can get retro equiptment on adverts.ie.So unless you can compete with that shit , theres a problem.

So basically as a promotion you should do a 'match online prices sale for the month of july', get a regular supply of second hand gear , do trades ins and make a big thing of it!Maybe post some standard trade ins e.g. we'll give you blah for x pedal and blah for a microkorg.Take a chance doing hire purchase.Your basically going to have to hit people over the head with reasons to go out to the red cow all the fucking time beacuse i could have just bought something on thomann quicker then writing this
And most importantly give me a free virus ti because I just saved your buisness.

Check and Mate.

If it's cheaper to buy including shipping from suppliers elsewhere, like on thomann, then people are better buying off thomann. That's what reduced prices a bit in the first place. If people are happy to keep paying a premium just to buy stuff in Ireland, prices are never going to come down to the same levels here. There is absolutely no reason why we pay extra, other than to pay higher wages and profits. Sorry, but fuck that.

the reason we pay higher is that shops like thomann are absolutely fucking massive and buy in serious bulk, therefore getting deals and selling cheaper.

what about the people who like to walk into a shop and touch and try what youre going to buy? and the ability to walk into a shop and replace a broken item etc. and supporting local business etc. and the fact is, a LOT of their common items are on a par with thomann, if not a difference of say 10, 20 quid. so im not sure where your getting your figures from.

to be honest, it seems your attitude to this is similar to your attitude to downloading..so its a lost cause.

to be honest, it seems your attitude to this is similar to your attitude to downloading..so its a lost cause.

I'm not sure they're that analagous dude. If you're buying off of Thomann then the supplier/producer are still getting paid.

That being said, with smaller cost buys or single item purchases I'm doing my best to buy locally, and to echo what Andy said the X-Music people are really nice to deal with, the Nordie guy (Paul?) really helped me out a lot taking me through my options when I bought my sampler at Christmas and then gave me a good deal on the price. Similarly they were helpful when I was buying a mic last month.

All the same with a more expensive items or when I'm buying a few things where there's a significant saving to be made by buying online it's hard to say no to that.

the reason we pay higher is that shops like thomann are absolutely fucking massive and buy in serious bulk, therefore getting deals and selling cheaper.

what about the people who like to walk into a shop and touch and try what youre going to buy? and the ability to walk into a shop and replace a broken item etc. and supporting local business etc. and the fact is, a LOT of their common items are on a par with thomann, if not a difference of say 10, 20 quid. so im not sure where your getting your figures from.

Somebody else quoted a price differential, not me. You can't see the prices of most of the stuff because it's not on the site. It's not true to say that an Irish based thomann-esque music story is somehow more worthy than a foreign one. It isn't more valuable to musicians if the locality comes at a premium. Just saying, why should we pay more than people in the UK or the continent for the same thing?

I buy records in local Dublin indie stores. I can show you the receipts if you don't believe me. So give it a break re the downloading.

Hey Ive actually notice Xmusic being cheaper on a few Items.
Im very impatient and will lean towards buying then and there.
What I dont like is not being able to get through on the phone or email.I mailed them asking about trade ins about 2 months ago and never heard back :-(Also gave up trying to ring them.

Has anyone actually done a trade in or seen anything second hand for sale there?I just go straight to the synth section because im more decerning then anyone who plays the guitar and theres def no secondhand synthage.

Im sceptical about wheter they actually do it in real life and feel that claiming so here is just a device to get people to trek out to redcow land..........

I dont buy that guff about not doing hire purchase .To me that just read 'we suck'

Hey Ive actually notice Xmusic being cheaper on a few Items.
Im very impatient and will lean towards buying then and there.
What I dont like is not being able to get through on the phone or email.I mailed them asking about trade ins about 2 months ago and never heard back :-(Also gave up trying to ring them.

Has anyone actually done a trade in or seen anything second hand for sale there?I just go straight to the synth section because im more decerning then anyone who plays the guitar and theres def no secondhand synthage.

Im sceptical about wheter they actually do it in real life and feel that claiming so here is just a device to get people to trek out to redcow land..........

I dont buy that guff about not doing hire purchase .To me that just read 'we suck'
ive never seen a shop in ireland that deals with second hand synths really. its mainly something that is traded on the buyandsell/adverts scene. id love to see a second hand synth shop but i dont think itd really work.

xmusic have a lot of second guitar gear for sale.

Ive made money selling 2nd synths through adverts myself so I dont see why it wouldnt also -

The problem is that it would takes someone who has a passion for the gear to do it.Xmusic are ultimately just someone trying to sell you something for more then they paid for it so as long as were all sucking each others blood can I make a few demands of my own please......................

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back