X-Music - new Irish music superstore & Thomann-esque website (1 Viewer)

sealed human

in case you've not heard of it, a massive music outlet near Red Cow opens tomorrow that will probably put Music Maker etc out of business, or else hit them a serious blow to the jaffas...

Its 23,000 sq ft, out by the Harley Davidson outlet just before Red Cow roundabout. I was there last night for the industry opening (free booze & pizza!) and my god they have an absolute shitload of space & stock...

The guy I know working there said that there was only about 40-50% of stock on show at the time (and no pricing up at that stage) but there were about 120 guitars in the electric room alone, 60ish acoustics, loads of amps, stacks etc. That was the ground floor..

Upstairs is electric pianos, a massive Korg stand full of delicious synths and loadsa Roland too. In a small room off that is audio interfaces, kaoss pads, decks/DJ stuff, macbooks & periphs, samplers, sequencers etc.

Downstairs is a massive drum lair, with 13-14 fully set up kits, electric kits & drum machines and in a small room off that (wiping sweat away here!) is PA, mixing desks, mics etc...

Every brand you can think of is there pretty much and even the few exceptions I could think of (Nord, a lot of guitar pedal brands) I'm assured the suppliers are sorting them this week.

It opens tomorrow morning, get your ass down there for a wonderland of musical shenanigans .|..|

I dont work there and am not affiliated in any way but they're using Thomann as their pricing model so its gonna be cheap cheap cheap without having to wait for German post to arrive...

yeah theres a thread over on boards where one of the guys behind it is posting. this could actually be amazing. although theyd really have to be competitive with the webstore prices, which wont always be possible.

music maker are fucked.

dudley was mentioning this to me. its the musician inc folk isn't it?

So it's the same people behind 247guitar.com or whatever it's called? I hope they're more together than them.

ill be there. anybody know if theres any entertainment? my guitar teacher said theyre giving out free goodie bags.... =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back