X-Music - new Irish music superstore & Thomann-esque website (1 Viewer)

There's 20,000 square feet of that shit. I don't think there's enough music gear in the country to fill it up.

Giant Boss Pedals are cool.
but Waltons probably has about as much gear in stock in about a 10th of the space.
Giant Boss pedals were the highlight.

it's pretty good. annoying that a lot of it isn't priced. I'd say in a few weeks it is more heavily stocked it'll be worth a regular trip. it's also funny to see a bunch of familiar faces from music maker working there.

also, one of the few things that had a price was the j mascis jazzmaster. it was marked at 1050. its 899 on thomann. i guess thats not too bad i guess for shop VS internet.

There were a couple of severly beaten up strats on display there on Saturday.

Beaten up and looking like shit = vintage right?
That's a "relic" .Any I saw there were definately not old and used. They had a Rory Gallagher strat and a Joe Strummer tele. Possibly others.

also, one of the few things that had a price was the j mascis jazzmaster. it was marked at 1050. its 899 on thomann. i guess thats not too bad i guess for shop VS internet.
It gives the opportunity to try it,and then order from Thomann and save yourself 150euro. Probably what most people here would do.

it's pretty good. annoying that a lot of it isn't priced. I'd say in a few weeks it is more heavily stocked it'll be worth a regular trip.

The lack of pricing is very poor. I was expecting/hoping I was gonna have a hard time trying not to spend money. I bought a few sets of strings that I was going to buy anyway but if it's not priced,I'm not interested.

Hiya's

Mick from XMusic here. Thanks to all of you who popped out for the opening weekend.

Apologies to those of you who were annoyed at the lack of price tags. Thats all being sorted this week. Price tags will be on everything.

We only moved into an empty shell of a building on Monday last and to say it was a hurry to finish is an understatement.

Most of our prices reflect the German sites and some are over, some are less. It just depends on demand and the quantity we can order them.

The website wil be up as soon as possible - perhaps in a limited fashion to start - maybe just guitars and amps first. Getting 15,000 items into the database is taking longer then we thought.

Anyway any questions ya have I'll do my best to answer or find out for ya.

Cheers

Mick

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back