X-Music - new Irish music superstore & Thomann-esque website (2 Viewers)

I was there last week. Drum room was best room there. Good selection but the drum booths for trying out stuff in were like halls with no acoustic treatment. It hurt my ears just to tap a snare & was impossible to gauge the actual sound of the stuff you were playing. I was dissapointed by the amp selection. No orange or ampeg. Synth room was good.

I was there last week. Drum room was best room there. Good selection but the drum booths for trying out stuff in were like halls with no acoustic treatment. It hurt my ears just to tap a snare & was impossible to gauge the actual sound of the stuff you were playing. I was dissapointed by the amp selection. No orange or ampeg. Synth room was good.
yikes! i heard they were dead rooms. oucch.

I was dissapointed by the amp selection. No orange or ampeg.

I've a feeling that's more due to Walton's having the "authorized dealer" rights for Ampeg rather than a deliberate choice on XMusic's part.

If you're not a fan of Trace Elliott bass amps, and I'm not, XMusic isn't the place for you.

myself an dudley just took a spin out there. fairly posh alright. some lovely amps in the amp room and some interesting pedals about too. we figured the strings were late 90s dublin prices, which is great. guitar room's a but meh, nothing very interesting other then some nice gretches. nice to know you can go buy valves on a sunday afternoon though!

promising.

They didn't have those little plastic guitar strap clips when I went yesterday. Be warned!

I was ogling the Gretches.

It's annoying that on a whole big wall of Fenders, they only have one non-Strat/Tele.

Our guitarist had a splurge there last week & bought a Gibson Firebird.

Very nice guitar.

They'd gotten a lot more pedals in too, which was nice.

to be honest, these dudes are really fucking up at this stage. one lad was saying he was out there today sitting in his car thinking theyd open and about 40 people came and went just to see it was closed. said there was a load of people who had come up from the country and stuff.
and still no full website. cmon lads. get it together.

open tomorrow 1 till 5 i understand.

LEARN HOW TO WORK THE PHONE SWITCH!!!!

I've rang 3 times and have been bounced around and eventually cut off each time... pricks...

Also here's a gas Music Maker quoting 420 for an sp404 sampler and a chap in the uk quoting 260 plus shipping

what sort of country are we living in at all, at all...

I've rang 3 times and have been bounced around and eventually cut off each time... pricks...

Also here's a gas Music Maker quoting 420 for an sp404 sampler and a chap in the uk quoting 260 plus shipping

Hiya man

Sorry about that. To be honest all the phones go to the floor, so if the lads are with a customer they won't be able to answer them.

Your better off emailing us.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

As for the site - it's pretty much done, just waiting for our stock to rise again after Chrimbo.

Mick

who is this chap in the uk praytell?

to be honest, these dudes are really fucking up at this stage. one lad was saying he was out there today sitting in his car thinking theyd open and about 40 people came and went just to see it was closed. said there was a load of people who had come up from the country and stuff.
and still no full website. cmon lads. get it together.

open tomorrow 1 till 5 i understand.

yup. i got to agree with you there gareth. i was out over xmas and it was closed. it was the 28th or something i think? maybe the 27th? and the website still isn't up. it's getting a bit silly now.

Hiya man

Sorry about that. To be honest all the phones go to the floor, so if the lads are with a customer they won't be able to answer them.

Appreciate your response!

but FYI pressing two for 'hi tech' was cutting me off straight away, got through to the 'guitars' chap was sympathectic but before I could ask him if he could source a price he patched me thru to 'hi tech'....

which cut me off straight away...

I appreciate that people will be busy, but given your location and lack of website from where I'm sitting the phones are the best way of getting a price a.s.a.p.

yup. i got to agree with you there gareth. i was out over xmas and it was closed. it was the 28th or something i think? maybe the 27th? and the website still isn't up. it's getting a bit silly now.

Yep we were closed the 27th. We needed the break :)

Regards the site, as I said not much point in launching a site if were still waiting for our stock levels to rise.

As for the phones not answering in HiTech. Weird one ......I'll check that out now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back