Wireless internet (1 Viewer)

It's this thing
eircom_netopia.jpg

Other laptops have been able to connect wirelessly with this, I want to connect another desktop, so I guess a USB thingy will do it...

Ah no I'm only messin, what do you mean acceptable? If it's a bit mean and might hurt someone's feelings because their brother or sister (or whoever) is mentally impaired, then it's up to you to decide whether it's acceptable or not for yourself, no? If you think it encourages mistreatment of mentally disabled people (I personally don't think it does), then you could probably decide that it's unacceptable.

Personally I think everything is a hologram conjured by the mind of an evil sorcerer and to be too sensitive and worried about things like that is only going to make you feel shitty and change nothing. But that's just me and the trajectory my own personal development has taken.

Ah no I'm only messin, what do you mean acceptable? If it's a bit mean and might hurt someone's feelings because their brother or sister (or whoever) is mentally impaired

yeah thats kind of what i mean, not exactly that it would hurt there feelings but more that its making it a slag to use these terms , i supose its like calling people " a gay", "faggot" or "nigger"

I think it's a case of intention and who's saying it to whom, how well they know each other, who else is present, whether it's meant with irony or not (that's a dodgy one, admittedly) etc. Basically it's about who's saying it to who, and whether the person it's being said to is easily able to decipher whether or not it's said with genuine malice, or said with irony as a way of taking the piss out of those who would say such things and genuinely mean them. I think it's pretty complex, and each to their own, but for the most part, I've found moral absolutes (aside from rape, murder, blah blah) to be the preserve of priests and their ilk, aspiring politicians, guilty teens with low self-esteem, and just random ballbags in general.

There's very few people around who can lay claim to saying the same things to everyone, and never relying on context to make a joke which they'd be embarrassed for someone else to hear other than the person it was meant for. And if there are people like that, they're almost definitely boring.

WHAT TEACHERS HEAR
Gay (83%)
Bitch (59%)
Slag (45%)
Poof (29%)
Batty boy (29%)
Slut (26%)
Queer (26%)
Lezzie (24.8%)
Homo (22%)
Faggot (11%)
Sissy (5%)
maybe that just means teachers are gay bitches and poofy slags

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back