why are there so many threads started by men on thumped about how shit women are? (1 Viewer)

Janer, if what you were saying was actually funny – as Corey's posts have been – then you might have a bit more of a leg to stand on. As it is, it's kinda tragic you can't tell the difference.

Also, thanks for the PM, but please feel welcome to say anything you'd say there, here.
kthnxbye.

Lamentable now there is a lovely deep word....on that note I shall depart this thread and move back to the real world of getting ready to enjoy my day off.

xx

Being neither gay nor female, I have to say I've actually noticed homophobia on Thumped more than sexism (which is not to say there is more of it, merely that I've noticed it more). Fr'instance, I was a bit taken aback by the thread 'outing' random posters that was here a few months back, because I assumed that there must actually be some gay people posting here.

Maybe I haven't noticed sexism as much because I'm less sensitive to it, from the comments made here by many people whose opinions I usually respect I'd have to say there's probably a lot of it. While I would definitely be considered a chauvinist by the most militant of feminists (but not your average one), I don't think I've posted any sexist comments here, except possibly once or twice when it was obvious to anyone reading it that it was entirely in jest.

Although I accept some points about "ironic" sexism being just as offensive and a lazy cop-out, I think that there are occasions when humour helps to point out how ridiculous wide-ranging discriminations and prejudices are. And I don't think anything should be "out of bounds" for jokes, while at the same time making repeated dodgy jokes about a single target is obviously a sign of some issue with the target.

I think women are class.

so do you guys believe there are any actual bigots on thumped?
this is an awful lot of text for something that might not really exist...
at least not on a level which warrants this much "discussion"

i mean just name and shame them if it's bothering you that much
let em sink or swim!

In my opinion Thumped is a bastion of equaility and liberalism, compared to a lot of message boards- and 'real life' in general for that matter

this is a good thing

so do you guys believe there are any actual bigots on thumped?
this is an awful lot of text for something that might not really exist...
at least not on a level which warrants this much "discussion"

i mean just name and shame them if it's bothering you that much
let em sink or swim!

That'd sort the men from the boys, much like

lemsip_bird_flu_360.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back