• Replies 117
  • Views 12K
  • Watchers 6
Drummer with The Thing says these are recommended whiskeys

Springbank
Rosenbank
Port Ellen (pricy)
Brora (pricy)
Clynelish (good value for the money) (distillery which is just by where the Brora was... )
Aberlour´s A´bunnadh
Clynelish
Laphroig (very smokey)
Lagavullin (also smokey but longer and richer aftertaste, especially the double matured)

Drummer with The Thing says these are recommended whiskeys

Springbank
Rosenbank
Port Ellen (pricy)
Brora (pricy)
Clynelish (good value for the money) (distillery which is just by where the Brora was... )
Aberlour´s A´bunnadh
Clynelish
Laphroig (very smokey)
Lagavullin (also smokey but longer and richer aftertaste, especially the double matured)

All great whiskies but all Scottish. Nothing wrong with that though ;)
Port Ellen and Brora are long closed distilleries, hence the 'pricey' bit.

I would add Highland Park, Ardbeg and Bowmore to that list and it'd pretty much be my desert island malts.

Here's some good Irish...

Redbreast 12 & 15 year
Greenspot
Tyrconnell Madeira Wood Finish
Connemara..especially the single cask ones
Irishman 70 Blend (blend of Midleton Pure Pot Still and Bushmills Malt)
Bushmills Blackbush, 16 year and 21 year old (skip the 10 year old)
Jameson 18 year

...and if money is no object: Knappogue Castle 1951 (Tullamore Distillery), Jameson 15 Year Pure Pot Still (millennium bottling), Willie Napier 1944 (Tullamore Distillery).

was in the celtic whiskey shop yesterday, tried this new writer's tears stuff. not bad, it has a hint of green spot to it, as the helpful chap pointed out. it has midleton malt in it.

How much should a measure of Johnnie Walker Black be in a pub?

They're charging €4.50 in my local which seems way cheap to me.

JW Black isn't that much of a fancy whisky though, is it? It's a 12 year old so 4.50 wouldn't be far off the mark in my opinion. Speaking of scotch, got me some of this in my last duty free spree:

The-Balvenie-12YO-lg.jpg.jpg
.|..|

JW Black isn't that much of a fancy whisky though, is it? It's a 12 year old so 4.50 wouldn't be far off the mark in my opinion. Speaking of scotch, got me some of this in my last duty free spree:

The-Balvenie-12YO-lg.jpg.jpg
.|..|
That is, as they say, ze good sheet. I saw it in that deadly offy in Stoneybatter but didn't check the price.

new season? should be a constant supply.

that's not my understanding -

Only 500 cases are made each year, all for the home market, with most of this sold through Mitchell’s shop at 21, Kildare Street, Dublin. Those 6000 bottles represent a very small part of the total Mitchell operation. But for a seventh generation family company which dates back to 1805, it is one they cherish as a vital part of their own history and Ireland’s whiskey heritage.

http://www.mitchellandson.com/green_spot.html

Had to add:

Green Spot is a pure pot still Irish whiskey, produced specifically for Mitchell & Son of Dublin, by Irish Distillers at the Midleton Distillery, Cork, Ireland. It is the one of the only remaining bonded Irish whiskeys, and is currently the only brand specifically produced for and sold by an independent wine merchant in Ireland.
Green Spot was described by whiskey writer Jim Murray as "unquestionably one of the world's great whiskeys."[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Spot_(whiskey)

A-fucking-men, best Irish whiskey I've ever had, including some much more expensive Middleton.... much much much more expensive...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back