Taking the piss here a little
Duty Free - €320.00
Duty Paid - €400.00

Planning my duty free shopping

Jameson
Rare Vintage 70cl

file.asp

Taking the piss here a little

Don't bother. Like Midleton it's WAY overpriced (most things from IDL are). However they still have Redbreast 15 Year Old in duty free which is nicer and cheaper than both.. seriously. I've tried them all.

Also, now that you've all got me started. Tullamore Dew and Jameson are bland as hell. They're the Budweisers of Irish Whiskey.

midleton is a fairly expensive pressie. tyrconnell is one of my preferred ones in the thirtyish quid a bottle bracket, and you can't go wrong with rebreast 12 year old (thirty five quid in o'briens (in ashbourne anyway)).

i tried the port cask tyrconnell recently in the celtic whiskey store and it's lovely. 60 quid a bottle.

had crested ten for the first time this evening. it tasted slightly watered down, dunno if that's how it's meant to taste.

Crested ten does taste slightly watery.12 year old Jameson is nice.More of a Canadian Club man myself.

Tesco Irish whiskey comes in a bottle.

Midleton is the best, but it costs a fuckload. Most people will prefer Irish or Scotch Whiskey, so I'd say Jameson 12 or Bushmills, Tullamore Dew is nice. I personally drink Jack Daniels which is the only ingestible American Whiskey in my opinion, but its by far my favourite.

Don't bother. Like Midleton it's WAY overpriced (most things from IDL are). However they still have Redbreast 15 Year Old in duty free which is nicer and cheaper than both.. seriously. I've tried them all.

Also, now that you've all got me started. Tullamore Dew and Jameson are bland as hell. They're the Budweisers of Irish Whiskey.

This man speaks truth. Redbreast is the job.

Redbreast 15, as has been said, runs rings around Middleton, far nicer and not as expensive. I used to always keep a bottle of Middleton in the house, but that changed after I tried the Redbreast.

nonemoreblack can be trusted completely when it comes to whiskeys

If I were you, I wouldn't be too fussed about specific brands/labels.

What you want is to decide on a budget and then pick out a single malt scotch from an unpronouncable distillery for that price. Simple.

Jameson and to a lesser extent Tully are the only two that you can find in most offys and are reasonably priced so they get my vote though i feel the need to spend my whole months pay cheque on some of the more obscure ones here. Thanks guys now i'm broke again.

when in fucks name will i ever get around to buying those glasses i need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back