Whiskey / Whisky appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

Had my birthday party last night. Got some haul!

2 x
Redbreast_12yo_Irish_Whiskey.jpg

Bowmore_Bowmore_18_Year_Old_18_.jpg

jameson-whisky.jpg

Powers_John_s_Lane_Release_12_Years_10190.jpg

DOWNLOAD_IMAGE_HERE_-_Green_Spot_New_Bottle.jpg

+ assorted others. My friends must know I'm the biggest lush on earth.

Redbreast is great because you can get it in most decent pubs, and usually only between 5 and 7 quid as well. I've only ever seen Green Spot in one pub.

Redbreast is great because you can get it in most decent pubs, and usually only between 5 and 7 quid as well. I've only ever seen Green Spot in one pub.

They have it in Bowe's and the Palace for sure.

My 'safety' whiskey in that sense is Johnnie Black. I think it's delicious.
And you can get it everywhere, usually for short money too.

a friend recently bought me a bottle of this - it's fantastic stuff. drinkable at bottle strength (51%), and lovely and complex.

http://blog.simonbarber.com/nikka-from-the-barrel

Oh, it's cheap too.

Nice one.

Edit: Jesus the copy on these tasting notes is getting out of hand.
Was it always like this?

A dash of water opens it up considerably, but weakens its impact - like a low budget horror movie remade in Hollywood with A-list stars. An aroma of charcoal follows: an Australian trucker roasting a hitchhiker's head over an open fire; a whiff of mint; a MySQL database; a '57 Fender Telecaster with an .88mm gauge plectrum tucked into the scratch plate; raspberries, apples, dark chocolate and the shootout sequence in the milk factory from that Dolph Lundgren movie where he is afraid of the colour white.

Edit # 2: Okay, the outrageous copy seems to be the point with this guy. Fair enough.

Edit # 2: Okay, the outrageous copy seems to be the point with this guy. Fair enough.

Standard tasting notes are ridiculous enough as it is (I'm pretty sure I'll never get the connection between my bottle of Lagavulin and a fresh back of chips on a cold day that the box tells me it's like). Also, Blackjack has some prime ridiculousness, Dolph shoots people from a trampoline.

12.50 for a shot of redbreast 12 year old in a hotel over Xmas, insane? I often get it in a pub and can't remember paying over 6-7 euro. We worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back