Whats the deal with indie kids being into metal? (1 Viewer)

aoboa said:
You can add Sunn o))) and that lot to the 'people to blame' list too.

yeah, i used to write reviews for things a lot and received a bunch of southern promos, who were (maybe still are) distributing Southern Lord - hence me getting khanate, place of skulls etc. and why not? it's not like the usual metal one read about in kerrang! as a child.

www.truemetal.org/battle/remasters1.html
amazing stuff on there,the only one I laready had was the Quartz 7" were they cover Mountain.
The Sledgehammer one is great Saxon type stuff,and the Bleak House song has an incredible riff at the start.
More records I need to find.

Balls,the link doesn't work,but it's worth getting it to. I don't know how.

Here now, if theres anyone who fits this crossover it's me. I like bands like The Locust, The Blood Brothers, Lightning Bolt, Black Dice, Melt Banana and other "metal" bands yet i also listen to and love some of the following Arcade Fire, Idiot Pilot, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Explosions In The Sky, Death From Above 1979, Pelican, Mogwai to name drop but a few bands. I also dress like that "indie kid" singer from Every Time I Die. What does that make me?

Gambra said:
Here now, if theres anyone who fits this crossover it's me. I like bands like The Locust, The Blood Brothers, Lightning Bolt, Black Dice, Melt Banana and other "metal" bands yet i also listen to and love some of the following Arcade Fire, Idiot Pilot, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Explosions In The Sky, Death From Above 1979, Pelican, Mogwai to name drop but a few bands. I also dress like that "indie kid" singer from Every Time I Die. What does that make me?

Where are the metal bands?

Gambra said:
ok, ok they're harcore/punk but still you know what i mean
hardcore and punk's always been acceptable to indie kids...especially the bands you mentioned.....its not like yr listening to disclose or some shit

Indie kids can fuck off. You know what an emo kid is? An indie kid pretending to like punk. You know what a screamo kid is? An indie kid pretending to like metal. You know what a good laugh is? Killing fucking indie kids.

The kids are definitely not alright

Cormcolash said:
Indie kids can fuck off. You know what an emo kid is? An indie kid pretending to like punk. You know what a screamo kid is? An indie kid pretending to like metal. You know what a good laugh is? Killing fucking indie kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back