Whats the deal with indie kids being into metal? (2 Viewers)

Gambra said:
Here now, if theres anyone who fits this crossover it's me. I like bands like The Locust, The Blood Brothers, Lightning Bolt, Black Dice, Melt Banana and other "metal" bands yet i also listen to and love some of the following Arcade Fire, Idiot Pilot, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Explosions In The Sky, Death From Above 1979, Pelican, Mogwai to name drop but a few bands. I also dress like that "indie kid" singer from Every Time I Die. What does that make me?

what the hell are you talking about?

Cormcolash said:
Indie kids can fuck off. You know what an emo kid is? An indie kid pretending to like punk. You know what a screamo kid is? An indie kid pretending to like metal. You know what a good laugh is? Killing fucking indie kids.
dammit, the bastards wont let me give you rep!

Vinnie said:
Some people grew up listening to metal. Some people got into metal later on. And the people you are referring to quite possibly got into some metal bands via their favourite indie bands eg

Some men are born metal, some men become metal and others have metal thrust upon them.

Cormcolash said:
Indie kids can fuck off. You know what an emo kid is? An indie kid pretending to like punk. You know what a screamo kid is? An indie kid pretending to like metal. You know what a good laugh is? Killing fucking indie kids.

Wow! How many have you actually killed so far?

I think you should only like music you already like. If you don't like it then you shouldn't start trying to like it, because if you really liked it, you'd like it already.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
Some men are born metal, some men become metal and others have metal thrust upon them.

you're leaving out the men like me who have pure molten metal flowing through their veins.

Pedal to the Metal!

Pedal%20to%20the%20Metal.jpg

brianoak said:
Your missing the point Vinnie.Thats not what Im saying at all.Thats fine if thats how a peson got into it.Its the all of a sudden thing that gets me.Reread my posts,I think you are taking me up wrong.

For the record Queens of the Stone Age are a rock and roll band.

Indie, metal, punk.
It all just fucking music, does it really make a fucking difference? Is one not allowed to listen to say pavement, arethra franklin and balck flag i the one sitting? If someones into music does it matter what combination of sounds lifts their skirt?
All these genres and subgenres subsubgenres are either a) promulgated by record companies to sell more records, or b) invented by fans who have too much time on their hands and want to feel exclusive.
!!!WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!
(there goes those rep points)

I don't think there's anything suspect about genres - we human beings classify everything so that everyone doesn't have to start at the start every time. I don't like insects is easier to say than a complete list of insects (some of whom may not be all that offensive)

Got me?
Music genres are awful vague tho'

The only thing I'd be worried about is that the kids might die from too much rocking out. I don't think it's a major concern if young'uns want to listen to Killswitch Engage, though.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Of the few I have they are all good,don't think they changed too much.

Reason I'm asking is people say they're pretty much in the style of pantera, fudge tunnel etc but darker. Is this close as a description????

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back