this saturday! (nov 4) LFO (live) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 31
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 2
LFO were fantastic, everyone was giving it socks.

I thought it was pretty meh, to be honest. There were some good stretches along the way, but for the most part, the tracks sounded a bit too slick and canned, the transitions were fairly jarring and some of the songs just weren't very good. His last track was brilliant - it was the only one that sounded even remotely live - and if the entire set had been like that, it would have been fantastic. Sadly, it wasn't. But as I didn't have high expectations, I can't say I was disappointed.

I was disappointed in Rob Hall, though. I've seen him DJ quite a few times now, and he's always been consistently great. On Saturday, though, I though his track selection was a bit suspect, and even though I generally don't worry too much about smooth mixing, there were a couple of serious trainwrecks along the way.

But almost everyone I know who was there shared Stan's opinion, so maybe I'm just being grumpy...

His last track was brilliant - it was the only one that sounded even remotely live - and if the entire set had been like that, it would have been fantastic.

was saying the very same thing after. I thought it may have been the low sound levels?? general music centre grime?? (haven't been there is about 6 years and remembered why)

saying that people I was with seemed to love it.

love it like that.

although I'm seriously thinking of heading to manchester again to see this http://www.littlebig.org.uk/events/archives/000226.html

warehouse-pt2.jpg

I thought it was pretty meh, to be honest. There were some good stretches along the way, but for the most part, the tracks sounded a bit too slick and canned, the transitions were fairly jarring and some of the songs just weren't very good. His last track was brilliant - it was the only one that sounded even remotely live - and if the entire set had been like that, it would have been fantastic. Sadly, it wasn't. But as I didn't have high expectations, I can't say I was disappointed.

I would agree with this. I missed LFO this time but caught him at ATP a couple of years back. The atmosphere was pretty decent considering it was 5 o' clock in the afternoon, but you got the impression all that LFO was doing was pressing play on his laptop.

yeah, the last track was super great. i thought when the set was good, it was really good, but there were a lot of slightly ho-hum moments.

also dear god, that is the smelliest gig i've ever been at. it was like everyone was wearing their old clubbing t-shirts that they last wore in 1993 and had left marinating in sweat ever since. not to mention the flatulence. at one point i went out to the bar for a bit of air, but that smelled of vomit. urgh.

fun night overall, mind. and i liked the squarey visuals.

some people were farting crazy farts down the back.

probably that Shouty McLovin It guy with the blond hair

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back