Whats the deal with indie kids being into metal? (1 Viewer)

aoboa said:
Anyone recommend decent Eyehategod records???

eyehategod-inthename.jpg

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Not at all,Pantera=shit.
They sound like Sabbath played way dirtier and nastier. But that's kinda lazy,Iron Monkey sound a lot like Eyehategod.

Just found an mp3. Yeah too much swing to their music to be compared to Pantera.
They sound cool though. Will check out Dopesick.

Vinnie-I get the impression you think is in relation to the pelican thread yesterday.Its not at all as I previously said.

Its an observation that I think is true.
I dont go to to gigs of bands I dont like and yet at the Melvins last week the ammount of people around that spent the gig talking to their mates and not paying the slightest bit of attention was enourmous.

Why where they there??

Cos it was "cool" to be there.Plain and simple so they can go "oh yeah I was at that".

Guy I know went and spent the whole gig talking to some girl,I ask him after what he thought and he goes"best gig this year".How could he have paid attention when I could hear him yapping behind me for practically the whole thing.

A lot of people seem to have taken this personally and I apologise as it was not meant to be in relation to anyone in particular here at all.

ICUH8N said:
The only thing I'd be worried about is that the kids might die from too much rocking out. I don't think it's a major concern if young'uns want to listen to Killswitch Engage, though.

that last killswitch engage album is deadly. guitar sound really reminds me of mid period carcass. go figure.

Fair enough Brian but I think this argument should start where it starts. The kind of people at gigs you are talking about are dicks, first and foremost. This is not about a lacklustre approach to a genre you love, its about dicks wrecking things for other people and talking bollocks because they are dicks. And they're everywhere. We could be just as easily talking about people who smoke on buses or people with no manners. But I dont think someone who just likes a band for whatever reason and gets on with it should be a target for your ire. I reckonses in anyways.

brianoak said:
Vinnie-I get the impression you think is in relation to the pelican thread yesterday.Its not at all as I previously said.

Its an observation that I think is true.
I dont go to to gigs of bands I dont like and yet at the Melvins last week the ammount of people around that spent the gig talking to their mates and not paying the slightest bit of attention was enourmous.

Why where they there??

Cos it was "cool" to be there.Plain and simple so they can go "oh yeah I was at that".

Guy I know went and spent the whole gig talking to some girl,I ask him after what he thought and he goes"best gig this year".How could he have paid attention when I could hear him yapping behind me for practically the whole thing.

A lot of people seem to have taken this personally and I apologise as it was not meant to be in relation to anyone in particular here at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back