Whats the deal with indie kids being into metal? (3 Viewers)

where were you guys when we all sat around in a field drinking cans cos high on fire was cancelled?! where were you guys?!

brianoak said:
Supose.But thats not what Im talking about,Im talking about how all of a sudden people are getting excited about bands like High on Fire and Mastadon etc.They arent doing anything new,its been around in some form or other for years but its quite vogue to name check them now.

How can someone who "usually doesnt listen to metal but loves High on Fire" say that and expect to be taken seriously?Its about as metal as it gets.

you mean like AC/DC t-shirts which couldnt be given away 5 years ago currently retailing at €40 in urban outfitters?

dudley said:
i remember buying a pile of S.O.D tshirts in urban outfitters for €4 each a couple of years ago.

haha, I know nothing about S.O.D apart from a live video I saw where the singer jumps into the crowd and hammers the head off some dude with the mic. The thumps over the mic almost drowned out the music.
Are they any good?

brianoak said:
How can someone who "usually doesnt listen to metal but loves High on Fire" say that and expect to be taken seriously?Its about as metal as it gets.

My girlfriends dying of the flu today. She asked me to get some fish for dinner on the way home;seeing as it's good for that kind of thing.Yet i know she's not a huge fan of fish, so i did'nt take her seriously.

Haha, no fish for her; who the fuck does she think she is anyways?

todd_landers said:
haha, I know nothing about S.O.D apart from a live video I saw where the singer jumps into the crowd and hammers the head off some dude with the mic. The thumps over the mic almost drowned out the music.
Are they any good?

yeah, really good. i saw a copy of speak english or die in HMV last week. i reckon you'd make it there before six if you legged it.

I was a raver, then I discovered britpop, then i discovered weezer and indie, then I discovered SOAD, then I discovered Marilyn Manson... I pluck albums from different genres, why the fuck can't I like the best music from all genres? whats it to you?

Stereo Nazis.

ilovebush said:
I was a raver, then I discovered britpop, then i discovered weezer and indie, then I discovered SOAD, then I discovered Marilyn Manson... I pluck albums from different genres, why the fuck can't I like the best music from all genres? whats it to you?

Stereo Nazis.

Too much sugar in your diet.

Eat your fucking greens.

louie.jpg

MONDOBRUTALE said:
where were you guys when we all sat around in a field drinking cans cos high on fire was cancelled?! where were you guys?!

i went to the foggy dew, got pissed then stumbled in to eamon dorans where bands were covering Opeth songs badly :)

metal or indie.... like religions and politics it is impossible for one banner to represent ones views, morals, tastes in their entirety. pick n mix people, pick and mix.

...or maybe it's all about hair

There's definitely a fraternal bonding / testosterone producing / musk sniffing thing going on there.

chickenham said:
There's definitely a fraternal bonding / testosterone producing / musk sniffing thing going on there.

oh yes. i rememeber getting a mouthful of unkept, greasy hair into my gob during holy wars in 1992. gagging aside it was quite special, i felt part of something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back