What think ye of the supernatural? (2 Viewers)

B000065VAZ.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

That half awake stuff is wierd.I always find that when you go back to sleep after being woken up for example my mam calls me for college before she goes to work and I wake up and remember the dream I was having.Then I half go back to sleep and have the same dream situation but I can control what im doing.

brian/heathons said:
Thats pretty freaky Brian.
I remember me and the ex where parked in this church car park near my old house.We were having a massive arguement,completely yelling at each other like,then she just stops and goes "drive the car".Im like"what are you talking about?".She said there was an old man in the back seat staring at us.So I couldnt see it but I could feel something and was petrified so drove home real quick.

She thought there was an old man in the back seat of the car and her solution was to stay in the car and keep driving? If he was outside the car, looking in, I could see the logic, but this makes no sense.

I mean, if there's a ghost in the room with you, your first instinct would not be to lock the doors and windows, would it?

I don't doubt that peoples accounts of these things are very real to them but if you can see something in front of you and I can't when I'm standing right next to you, then surely it is in your head?

It's amazing how only those who really, really believe in ghosts see them. It rarely happens that non-believers see them and are converted.

Wilbert said:
It's amazing how only those who really, really believe in ghosts see them. It rarely happens that non-believers see them and are converted.

mmm.. most of the people i know who've had weird experiences were pretty sceptical about ghosts and what not.

When I'm in the shower I sometimes hear an odd noise like a duck drowning. It always comes accompanied by an strangely pungent smell.

boigaz said:
When I'm in the shower I sometimes hear an odd noise like a duck drowning. It always comes accompanied by an strangely pungent smell.

maybe you should ring a plumber before you go bothering those ghostbuster lads, their busy men...

I have a great knack for remembering my dreams, Its great, and possibly why I love sleeping so much. It usually starts with remembering what had just happened before I woke up and then slowly during the day pieces will conme back to me, and kind of give me the feeling i had in that dream, I fucking LOVE that! specialy with the dream i had last night ;):eek::eek::)

My mum reminded me a few weeks ago about the time i told her i was dragged around and thrown against walls and roof etc when staying in a friends flat, i'd completely forgotten and it was only 4 years ago.
I'd managed to lock that little rollercoaster up deep down in the vaults, think it was just a particularily vivid and disturbing nightmare scientifically explainable thingy, very nasty though.

I've also swung punches at a little old woman in my room, she turned out to be a coat though, thank fook, and the usual banshee etc etc light switch tally.
oh yeah,. a few weeks ago weeks ago someone broke into the house and came up into my room and stood there staring at me, i got a glimpse of his face before i pulled the covers over my head,. it was ME!!!, take that freud.

If you read it properly you would realise I was driving not her.You will also see that I said I didnt see it I could just feel a wierd buzz in the car.she saw it.It happened in Cullmullen County Meath which is pretty sparsely populated and mostly farmland so there was nowhere to run to.Also it wasnt threatening it was just wierd because its not something that happens to you everday.Also I am pretty skeptical of something physics cant neccasarily explain but fact is something strange that I couldnt explain happened.
Wilbert said:
She thought there was an old man in the back seat of the car and her solution was to stay in the car and keep driving? If he was outside the car, looking in, I could see the logic, but this makes no sense.

I mean, if there's a ghost in the room with you, your first instinct would not be to lock the doors and windows, would it?

I don't doubt that peoples accounts of these things are very real to them but if you can see something in front of you and I can't when I'm standing right next to you, then surely it is in your head?

brian/heathons said:
Anyone ever had any bizarre experiences or believe in ghosts/spirits that type of thing?

Used to live in a 3rd floor flat in Georgian house on herbert street. Was sittin at our kitchen table which faces our window late one dark night when all a sudden my hairs stood on end and the lights got brighter. Looked up from my H.P Lovecraft novel just in time to catch in the windows reflection a young girl with her hair tied in a nice little bun,carrying a tray, walk by right behind my chair. Legged it down the hall after it it but alas, the apparition had simply disappeared. Woke eveyone up. Scared the be-shittin-jayzuz out of them.
Never saw it again.

All true, swear it on my SuperTed pyjamas.
Except for the Lovecraft Novel.
That was a lie.

Me granny also claims that we had a well known occultist/scammer in our family a whiles back. But then she's shittin down her leg and learning how to rollerskate these days.

brian/heathons said:
Also I am pretty skeptical of something physics cant neccasarily explain but fact is something strange that I couldnt explain happened.
I was led to believe mathematically/scientifically there's evidence now of something like 20 or so extra dimensions we can't percieve (as in beyond 2d 3d), what lies in those dimensions beyond our grasp is the question.
Of course i'm no physics genius, thats just what heard.

brian/heathons said:
If you read it properly you would realise I was driving not her.You will also see that I said I didnt see it I could just feel a wierd buzz in the car.she saw it.It happened in Cullmullen County Meath which is pretty sparsely populated and mostly farmland so there was nowhere to run to.Also it wasnt threatening it was just wierd because its not something that happens to you everday.Also I am pretty skeptical of something physics cant neccasarily explain but fact is something strange that I couldnt explain happened.

I read it right, I just found it strange that she felt that driving was the best course of action. I mean, the "ghost" would still be in the back seat, right?

I would be out out of the car like a light and hitting the central locking! Lets see how "old man ghosty" deals with child-proof locks!

Bag'o'cans said:
I was led to believe mathematically/scientifically there's evidence now of something like 20 or so extra dimensions we can't percieve (as in beyond 2d 3d), what lies in those dimensions beyond our grasp is the question.

I saw a programme about M Theory. Apparently there's 11 dimensions and within the 11th dimension there's an infinite number of dimensions/parallel realities. Or something like that. Paul Watts would know for sure.

An old housemate of mine was evaluating research done on the 32nd dimension - like you said, it's all maths.
So kids, stay in school - and you'll get to meet aliens.

Read a book called "The Holographic Universe" which explains a lot of those theories through the idea of holograms.Its the whole concept of one collective consiousness and our lives and thought processes are just small parts of that and that the past is and future is happening simoultaneously at the same time as the present and that explains the supernatural to some degree.But its just a theory backed up with evidence from quantam physics.To be honest with you I didnt quite grasp it cos like yourself I dont know a lot about physics.Seen a documentary about the 11th string in string theory too that went into explanations about such goings on.
Bag'o'cans said:

We rehearse up in an old dank, dark basement on North Frederick Street and several people (me included ) have had freaky experiences while down there alone. Hairs standing on end, feelings of being watched, things moving in the corner of the eye. The electrics in the room are dodgey and I'm convinced this is the cause of it.

i actually had a real life experience of psychic shit.

about 9 years ago I was hanging out with a friend in my parents house. Did I mention this friend is a witch? We were in room watching a video. the phone rang in another room at the other side of the house. I picked up the phone and someone said "Hello can I speak to Sarah please?" i said something along the lines of "Sorry, I think you have the wrong number" and hung up. I went back into the other room (through a hallway etc) and when I opened the door the witch said (in a similar tone) "Hello can I speak to Sarah please". Naturally I was freaked and she couldn't explain why she said this. It "just came" into her head.

It still puzzles my painfully rational mind.

i ain't afraid of no ghosts.

Unclealo said:
We rehearse up in an old dank, dark basement on North Frederick Street and several people (me included ) have had freaky experiences while down there alone. Hairs standing on end, feelings of being watched, things moving in the corner of the eye. The electrics in the room are dodgey and I'm convinced this is the cause of it.
it was actually beards of jesus hiding from you when you walked in without warning on our illicit practising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back