What think ye of the supernatural? (3 Viewers)

Brian Conniffe said:
if someone believes in something so much, and with so much certainty, that they dont believe in it anymore, they KNOW it to be true. then it is a truth and a reality for them.
now, if a very large group of people do that, they are investing a massive amount of energy into an entity they have created.
all gods of all religions ever thus existed, or do exist, in some way. the fact that this process occurs does not remove any validity from the power of these entities.
divinities are effectively aspects of peoples psychology and personalities pushed outward and given immense power. this is most obvious in polytheistic religions, such as hinduism, but is also apparent in christianity, which is in reality basically ancient egyptian divinities wrapped up in the cloak of dogma and works as a cult of masochism. to be very simplistic about it: christ = humanity, selflessness, suffering; jehovah = wrath, dominance, power; satan = lust, freedom, excess; lucifer = hubris, self-improvement; mary = nurture, the woman in submissive role (determined by patriarchy, also: the expulsion of lilith to be replaced by eve).
or at least, thats what i think on some days.

I like your ideas and would like to subscribe to your monthly newsletter.

The only ghostly experience I've had myself were Ghost Poopies - economical on toilet paper and generally good for the environment all round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back