What movies make you cry (1 Viewer)

TenRabbits said:
In fact - I find that the music is 50% of how moving something is. Platoon was moving for me, mostly because of Adagio for Strings.

funny, i used to love platoon when i was a kid, but in the same way i would love Missing in Action or Rambo..just as an action movie

then i saw it again last year and found it really upsetting, especially the bit with Elias, when he keeps getting up everytime he gets shot

oh the Deerhunter too
without spoiling it for anyone, "one shot" gets me all the time

it's a wonderful life
deerhunter
falling down
merry christmas mr lawrence
dead or alive 2
home alone

definitely cool runnings as well

La La said:
life is beautiful.

oh for fucks sake, they should have called it waterworks. bootiful.

(i was crying even as i typed that)

life-is-beautiful.jpg
That film sucked balls!
That little twat goose-stepping around making fun of the nazis to their face in the concentration camp? As if that would really happen. I was thinking "shoot that fucker".

The Elephant Man, definitely. The Straight Story for the final scene and also the scene where he explains what a family is.
24-7 where they find Bob Hoskins character living as a homeless person.

There's something in my eye!!

Deadly thread. I just love miserable films. I recommend -

Turtles can Fly: Utterly heartbreaking film set in Iraq during the invasion (2003 invasion). The end is just horrid. Even if it wasn't set in Iraq it will still be fucked up due to the plot. Amazing film.

In This World - Michael Winterbottom film about two Afghani asylum seekers trying to get to Britain. So, so sad. The music is beautiful.

P. Littbarski said:
i didn't cry for something like 15 years (honest)...then I saw 'The house of sand and fog' and the floodgates opened during the hospital scene towards the end when ben kingsley finds out what has happened (don't want to give anything away for those who haven't seen it)...man, that was such a heavy scene.

I haven't seen the film but the book is fantastic. Very gripping.

Wilbert said:
That film sucked balls!
That little twat goose-stepping around making fun of the nazis to their face in the concentration camp? As if that would really happen. I was thinking "shoot that fucker".

no way.

it featured one of the most heart-warming performances from a child i've ever seen and didnt end up sitting on a shelf like most other nazi-related films do.
it took another angle and portrayed it beautifully i think. of course there was an air of fantasy about it, but that's ok, isnt it? i'll always consider it a lifelong favourite :)

Can't believe Bambi wasn't mentioned yet.

Also I remember "all dogs go to heaven" being quite sad, havent seen it in a while though

La La said:
no way.

it featured one of the most heart-warming performances from a child i've ever seen and didnt end up sitting on a shelf like most other nazi-related films do.
it took another angle and portrayed it beautifully i think. of course there was an air of fantasy about it, but that's ok, isnt it? i'll always consider it a lifelong favourite :)
I'm not sure if an air of fantasy mixes so well with Nazis outside of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

La La said:
no way.

I liked the film, thought it was very well done. Though my other half had a point when he said that the kid's gonna turn out a bit warped when he realises he'll had deadly craic in a death camp.

I do not feel. Hence; i do not cry.

The straight story and paris, texas made me binge on a whole tin of cadbury's roses though.
They made me very unhappy indeed.

21 Grams. Maybe not "make you cry" but certainly "take to your bed for 2 days, build a pillow fort, and refuse to see anyone except the cat"

I can't believe noone has mentioned 'My life as a dog' I can't think of a funnier / sadder film offhand.

Since my daughter was born everything gets to me.. am no longer a barometer for genuinely tear-jerking entertainment.

chickenham said:
I can't believe noone has mentioned 'My life as a dog' I can't think of a funnier / sadder film offhand.

Since my daughter was born everything gets to me.. am no longer a barometer for genuinely tear-jerking entertainment.

I'm a big cry baby and even I didn't cry at that...saying that I did get
have to supress full on sobs at King Kong. booh hoo

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back