What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

Went to see Heart of a Dog, the Laurie Anderson doc/film
beautifully shot and with a great soundtrack; very art-housey but quite moving in parts.

Yeah I thought this was brilliant too. Whether you enjoy it will probably depend on your tolerance for poetic monologues and quirky stories spoken over sometimes random imagery though.

watched original star wars trilogy for first time and the force awakens over the last 4 or 5 days. fecking brilliant stuff. who would have thought it, ha? you heard it here first.

saw the phantom menace when it came out and completely turned me off watching them i think. looking forward to catching new one in the cinema next xmas

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Love it. It's like an Alan Moore Future Shock story in 70s movie form.

Darling. Pretentious art-house horror flick that use an abrasive score and stobey/choppy editing to scare in place of atmosphere or any sort of coherent plot and is basically just a crap version of Polanski’s Repulsion.

darling.jpg

The Counselor. This was widely panned on its release but I think it’s an underrated classic. Great script, fantastically out there performances and two of the best death scenes in recent memory. As fucked up thrillers go this is top notch stuff.
COUNSELOR_10x15_BANNER_web.jpg

I was put off The Counsellor by the terrible reviews (and my general and somewhat irrational dislike of Ridley Scott) but there was an article on Queitus some time ago hailing it as some sort of misunderstood classic. Must check it out.

I was put off The Counsellor by the terrible reviews (and my general and somewhat irrational dislike of Ridley Scott) but there was an article on Queitus some time ago hailing it as some sort of misunderstood classic. Must check it out.
It is. A weird, creepy, garish, trashy, slightly batshit classic.

I kinda liked the slasher element. It was sort of Deliverance meets Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
I think it was one of my favourites this year. It avoided alot of cliches that I thought it might run into - the bad guy were pretty intelligent for the most part (and believable). When they first called the guy 'Jitsu' I was expecting some over the top kung fu action but instead I got some realistic barely adequate display. I liked that a lot..

Check out Murder Party - the directors first film - if you haven't seen. Very different tone than this or Blue Ruin but I remember it being really enjoyable.

I think it was one of my favourites this year. It avoided alot of cliches that I thought it might run into - the bad guy were pretty intelligent for the most part (and believable). When they first called the guy 'Jitsu' I was expecting some over the top kung fu action but instead I got some realistic barely adequate display. I liked that a lot..

Check out Murder Party - the directors first film - if you haven't seen. Very different tone than this or Blue Ruin but I remember it being really enjoyable.
Murder Party isn't great. It's a one joke premise which kinda runs out of steam early.

220px-UrgeFirstPoster.jpg

A gang of repugnant wealthy party types go to an Island where Pierce Brosnan (playing what possibly could be either God or Satan, it's never properly explained) gives them a new “designer drug” called Urge that turns people into homicidal maniacs. Among the worst films I’ve ever seen.

The Jake "the snake" Roberts decumentery. It was impressive to see what both he & Scott Hall over came, but the last third or so, was So hamfisted. positive reinforcement/Mawkishness was overbearing.

220px-UrgeFirstPoster.jpg

A gang of repugnant wealthy party types go to an Island where Pierce Brosnan (playing what possibly could be either God or Satan, it's never properly explained) gives them a new “designer drug” called Urge that turns people into homicidal maniacs. Among the worst films I’ve ever seen.
That sounds DEADLY!

Bull Durham, hadn't seen it in years and years but for some reason the mood hit me. It was ok I suppose, probably should have watched something I've never seen TBH
I watched that for the first time in ages too. I remembered it being better. I thought it was real by the book, Hollywood romance fare. I was surprised how off the peg it was, seeing as I remembered enjoying it the first time. Still. Susan Sarandon.

Users who are viewing this thread

• rettucs
  • dudley
  • G
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back